2011 GT500 ?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
The 2014 is gone, I saw they lowered the price to $39,900, must have been enough to sway someone. I had thought about it, but with that many miles I passed on it. I'm a miles freak, not sure why, I think because I grew up around my dad always keeping the miles on his vehicles low. He still brags to this day about how many miles are on his vehicles. Drives my wife crazy.
I want to do a local trade only, I'll be trading my 2013 5.0. I really like the digital cluster in the middle of the gauges, that's part of the reason I'm not sure about the 2011/2012 GT500's. And they always go out of what I want to spend on the 13's and 14's.

I think your fixating on something minuscule with the digital gauge cluster. That's a must have, but the touch screen infotainment system isn't? I'll that the infotainment any day over a digital cluster. My 2013 Raptor had it, and my 2019 Camry has one and I could care less about that.

You would be money ahead by dumping your car at carmax, and then finding a better deal on a better car nationally than overpaying by $10K on something like what you're looking at. Talk about being upside down in a car note.

IMO you're not going at this rationally in a number of ways and you should be a little more patient for the right deal. It took me almost a year to find my 2011 because I specifically wanted a bone stock car, black with no stripe, with SVTPP. I was looking on auto trader one day and one popped up 10 miles from me for a very good deal and I went and bought it. My current 2012 was more of an impulse buy that a buddy was selling.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I'm a miles freak, not sure why, I think because I grew up around my dad always keeping the miles on his vehicles low. He still brags to this day about how many miles are on his vehicles. Drives my wife crazy.

I can relate sorta. I call certain trips “dumb miles”. My wife hates it too. If I have to run out and make a pick up trip she’s like are you ever going to take the mustang or bike? I reply nope, don’t wanna put unneeded miles just running a couple miles down the store n back. Take the DD. But I have no problem going for a 300mi cruise in my mustang with no destination on a Saturday ahahaha. Anyways how many miles are on your 5.0?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I can relate sorta. I call certain trips “dumb miles”. My wife hates it too. If I have to run out and make a pick up trip she’s like are you ever going to take the mustang or bike? I reply nope, don’t wanna put unneeded miles just running a couple miles down the store n back.

Do you only have sex to procreate?

CobraG

Established Member
I can relate sorta. I call certain trips “dumb miles”. My wife hates it too. If I have to run out and make a pick up trip she’s like are you ever going to take the mustang or bike? I reply nope, don’t wanna put unneeded miles just running a couple miles down the store n back. Take the DD. But I have no problem going for a 300mi cruise in my mustang with no destination on a Saturday ahahaha. Anyways how many miles are on your 5.0?
My 5.0 has 28,690, I bought it Oct 2016 with 22 and some change. My wife's taken it to Louisiana 3-4 times, that's where most of the miles have come from. I like the car but would like to get a GT500. I had a 2001 Cobra back in the day, hence the name.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
My 5.0 has 28,690, I bought it Oct 2016 with 22 and some change. My wife's taken it to Louisiana 3-4 times, that's where most of the miles have come from. I like the car but would like to get a GT500. I had a 2001 Cobra back in the day, hence the name.

Are you wanting a gt500 for the name or the platform to build off & up? Because you could get a s/c, brakes, suspension, steering wheel, seats, wheels, and have something still low miles and probably faster than a 11/12 gt500 in at least stock trim.

CobraG

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies and help. I'm going to pass on this one. The search continues.

Users who are viewing this thread