2011 Kona blue with red stripes??????

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
Does anybody have a real picture of this combo???? it would be a 2011 GT500 Kona blue with SVT performance package..red stripes...:shrug:

Thanks

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Nice sig.

What combo did you run anyways? Details please.

And that does not sound like a good combo.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
No stripe but Kona with PP... Seems that a lot of dealers are ordering the PP cars without stripes.

!!f-uPC!!mE~$(KGrHqUOKkUEu0gUq65zBL5dgLk(hg~~_1.JPG

!!f-uPCg!mE~$(KGrHqYOKjgEvPW!dgMcBL5dgSTYOw~~_4.JPG

Cruising ebay found a Sterling Gray stripe delete PP

!!f+mIbw!WE~$(KGrHqUOKjEEvVt0No5DBL6sIY0K8g~~_4.JPG

Last edited:

Red10thcv

Established Member
No Stripes For Me.

Don't really like the 2011 stripes so I'll bet that there be alot more stripe delete cars from now on. Those 6 cylinder stripes just don't belong on the GT500.:poke:Sorry FORD.:bash:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I really like the KB w/ the SVT package wheels! Red stripes would be nice! Most people dont have vision with auto styling....it will look awesome!

GT50008

Established Member
Don't know exactly what it is, but I am just not feeling it when looking at these enclosed 2011's. There is just no passion at all. Maybe it is the wheels??? Now when I look at an 07-09, the complete opposite occurs.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Don't know exactly what it is, but I am just not feeling it when looking at these enclosed 2011's. There is just no passion at all. Maybe it is the wheels??? Now when I look at an 07-09, the complete opposite occurs.

They have grown on me, I wish they had a laser red option/metallic burgundy with grey or gun metal stripes.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Don't really like the 2011 stripes so I'll bet that there be alot more stripe delete cars from now on. Those 6 cylinder stripes just don't belong on the GT500.:poke:Sorry FORD.:bash:

It has been stated many times that not all of the 11's have the thin stripes, only the PP.

You can get a great deal on an 07-09 .

steeltoe

Established Member
Hope to see a 6.2 litre and some major changes in the 2012. Then I'll make the jump........the 11 has me thinking though!

I serioulsy doubt any major changes are going to happen to the GT500 before next major overhaul. And its been many times by many people the 6.2L can not fit in the Mustang.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I serioulsy doubt any major changes are going to happen to the GT500 before next major overhaul. And its been many times by many people the 6.2L can not fit in the Mustang.

Anything with any car is possible so your not totally correct......

CGoeschel

Established Member
Anything with any car is possible so your not totally correct......

True...but you're not going to see the 6.2 in a Mustang. The next platform is going to be smaller and the 5.0 is the motor...whether it be blown, turbo'd or N/A...the 5.0 is your motor.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
True...but you're not going to see the 6.2 in a Mustang. The next platform is going to be smaller and the 5.0 is the motor...whether it be blown, turbo'd or N/A...the 5.0 is your motor.

I was at a local dealership talking with a salesman. He really knew his stuff unlike most salesman. He said "the new twin turbo eco boost engine will be going in the GT500 soon. Supposeably have one built pushing 800hp." He was told this from a his manager who was told it from a rep.
I cant see them putting that high of a hp engine in a car bec of warranty purposes.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I was at a local dealership talking with a salesman. He really knew his stuff unlike most salesman. He said "the new twin turbo eco boost engine will be going in the GT500 soon. Supposeably have one built pushing 800hp." He was told this from a his manager who was told it from a rep.
I cant see them putting that high of a hp engine in a car bec of warranty purposes.

I dont know about what they're going to do about future HP levels but I assume that they're going to at least stay the same or go up slightly and that they're going to be spending alot of money reducing the weight of the vehicles for better handling and their ultimate goal...fuel economy. That said, im betting that youre going to find an ecoboost variant engine in 80-90 percent of the future platforms for Ford as well as direct injection, aggressive fuel shutoff, lightweight materials, etc. Ford wants to be THE fuel economy leader...make no mistake about that. Smaller displacement with boost and direct injection can give you all that you want. Power and Fuel economy.

Users who are viewing this thread