2011 Mercedes C300 Sport or 2011 Mustang V6 ??

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Hey guys im about to get a car and those are my choices, what would you guys say??

2011 Mercedes C300 Sport or 2011 Mustang V6???

KarbisSVT

Established Member
+1

What brought it down to these two?

Payment wise and what i can afford is what brought it down to these two. I originally wanted a 2011 Mustang 5.0 or a Evo X MR but the payments were too high and plus this is going to be my first own car and insurance is going to be high as well. I'm 21 years old. And I was thinking of just leasing the 2011 Mustang V6 but then i found out that Mercedes has a great lease on a fully loaded C300 Sport. $3K Down $290 a Month 2 yr lease, tax included and everything. And the V6 Mustang is about $310 a Month not counting tax and it has the premium package but I feel like I'm getting more out of the Mercedes. Especially with the Multi Navigation and Satellite radio. It has good enough power for now and instead of rushing my ass into getting any Mustang i can get my hands on, I'd rather get something a little more comfortable and wait the 2 years and get the mustang i really want. The GT500. Till then, I'll probably drive a nice Mercedes and when my lease is up I'll have a nice car under my name and will be able to afford a GT500. :D

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I recommend a more fiscally responsible choice for a 21 year old. Buy a used 05 Mustang GT Convertible for 15K and save the money you would have spent for your future.

oldmodman

Established Member
For impressing people anywhere but Miami, and Beverly Hills, the Mercedes.

For actual performance and driving fun, the Mustang.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
For impressing people anywhere but Miami, and Beverly Hills, the Mercedes.

For actual performance and driving fun, the Mustang.

I agree but i wouldn't say that for the V6 Mustang, i drove my friends 2011 V6 Mustang, its fun and all, but i did not see a big difference in power or handling compared to the C300 Sport.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I'd rather get something a little more comfortable and wait the 2 years and get the mustang i really want. The GT500. Till then, I'll probably drive a nice Mercedes and when my lease is up I'll have a nice car under my name and will be able to afford a GT500. :D

You do know that after the lease you don't own the car, right?

Leasing is about the dumbest decision you can make in the car market unless you never want to actually own a vehicle and want to make payments the rest of your life. Also, don't forget any and all modifications go straight down the drain.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I recommend a more fiscally responsible choice for a 21 year old. Buy a used 05 Mustang GT Convertible for 15K and save the money you would have spent for your future.

I agree with Chaos. For me, the used car market is way too appealing to buy new. I'd buy a used car and save the extra money for a house.

But I've always been of the opinion that it's better to buy a used top of the line model than a new entry level.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I agree but i wouldn't say that for the V6 Mustang, i drove my friends 2011 V6 Mustang, its fun and all, but i did not see a big difference in power or handling compared to the C300 Sport.

You couldn't tell the difference between 305hp and 228hp. Maybe you should just buy a used 2010 v6 mustang if that's the case.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
You do know that after the lease you don't own the car, right?

Leasing is about the dumbest decision you can make in the car market unless you never want to actually own a vehicle and want to make payments the rest of your life. Also, don't forget any and all modifications go straight down the drain.

Best advice so far, unless you have your own company and want to continuously drive new European cars then lease is the way to go.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
if you want a nice car that is well engineered, buy the benz.

if you want a POS ford that is made in china/mexico/canada then buy the v6 stang.

Granelli31

Established Member
neither car is a performance car. Both are loosely tied to racing. You'd be crazy to think they are in the same quality category, a top of the range c300 will be much higher quality than the lowest range ford.

truefiveo

Established Member
Buy a used 2005 GT Stang Kiddo....you can easily cop one for sub $18k.

I got a $10k loan with 5% interest at age 21.

Buy a 2003-2004 Mach 1 or something.

But at age 21 Im telling you now...you do not need both car note and insurance.

Unless your some spoiled 21 year old child then there goes yoru party fun money down the drain.

Users who are viewing this thread