2011 MLB Season - Bring it on!!!!!!

BlownAway05

Established Member
You've got to be kidding with this post, right? Rays have no chance this year. The Blue Jays will finish with a better record. :poke:

On that crack pipe early this year, huh??

Same story every year by Yankee/Redsox fans (Rays will finish 4th or 5th, blah blah blah). I hear this from one of my old highschool friends who is a Yankee's fan every year.

Rays bullpen was the biggest question and they made some moves to get it situated. Rays will have a nice starting rotation, which is extremely important, especially considering some teams haven't even figured out who their 4 and 5 are....:burn:

CSD

Banned
They know already, Cashman just wants Girardi to hold off on making the announcement. The Rays will be 10 games out by the All Star break. :lol:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
They know already, Cashman just wants Girardi to hold off on making the announcement. The Rays will be 10 games out by the All Star break. :lol:

i dont think you're giving enough credit to the Rays. sure, they've lost several players, but they've replaced them with some low cost options that could still be effective.

i see the Rays giving the Yankees a competitive run for the wild card by years end :D :burn:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Rays bullpen was the biggest question and they made some moves to get it situated. Rays will have a nice starting rotation, which is extremely important, especially considering some teams haven't even figured out who their 4 and 5 are....:burn:

Kyle Farnsworth, Joel Peralta, Juan Cruz and rookie Jake McGee isnt what I called situated when they are going to a closer by committe

BlownAway05

Established Member
Kyle Farnsworth, Joel Peralta, Juan Cruz and rookie Jake McGee isnt what I called situated when they are going to a closer by committe

Rays should be getting JP Howell back around May, there was a lot of expectations for him before his shoulder surgeory.

I'm excited to see how Longoria improves at the plate with Manny batting behind him. The talk for spring training is that Manny has been putting in a lot of time and effort into his swing, guess he has even asked to be put in extra games. Chip on the shoulder Ramirez could be good for 40 HRs....

Price will win the Cy Young this year and have over 20 wins.

BlownAway05

Established Member
Rays and Manny are already trying to take out the competition...
Phillies' Roy Oswalt hit by line drive - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN
The Philadelphia Phillies suffered another injury scare Wednesday when veteran right-hander Roy Oswalt was struck in the neck by a line drive during a spring training game against the Rays in Port Charlotte, Fla. Oswalt was hit in the back of the neck below his right ear by a liner off the bat of Manny Ramirez during the fourth inning of the Phillies' 4-1 loss to Tampa, Philly.com reported.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
but will anybody go to it? it seems no matter how good the Rays or Marlins are they can't even gove their tickets away.

is that park done for this season?

Maybe this new park will attract more fans and ticket sales. It's the same site as the old Miami Orange Bowl. Dolphin stadium is great for football games but absolutely terrible for watching baseball games.

It should be ready for 2012 season.

BlownAway05

Established Member
Pretty sure the Rays play the Marlins
edit:
Rays @ Marlins, May 20-22

Marlins @ Rays, June 17-19

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Maybe this new park will attract more fans and ticket sales. It's the same site as the old Miami Orange Bowl. Dolphin stadium is great for football games but absolutely terrible for watching baseball games.

It should be ready for 2012 season.

Phillies ST games have more attendance than Rays or Marlins games. That's sad. I just got back from Clearwater and they said the Phillies/Red Sox game had 10,921.

BlownAway05

Established Member
Phillies ST games have more attendance than Rays or Marlins games. That's sad. I just got back from Clearwater and they said the Phillies/Red Sox game had 10,921.

Starting this all over again?

How long have those franchises been around? Where do all the snow birds go? You will have a lot of fans of other teams in this state because people want to move here for the weather. Plus, it's "cool" to be a Boston fan and wear a Redsox cap.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
The talk for spring training is that Manny has been putting in a lot of time and effort into his swing, guess he has even asked to be put in extra games. Chip on the shoulder Ramirez could be good for 40 HRs....

You are seriously dreaming if Manny will hit 40HR's.

*He wont see 500 AB's because he cant play the field

*He cant stay healthy anymore

*Once the Rays are out of contention, Manny will pull an Manny and want out

Users who are viewing this thread