2011 MLB Season - Bring it on!!!!!!

CSD

Banned
Only three days to go Yankees fans. The rotation has been set and I like it! Kudos to me for calling Garcia to make the rotation months ago.

CC
AJ
Hughes
Nova
Garcia

This rotation is putting a great deal of pressure on Phil to be the #3, as he's taking Pettitte's spot, but I'm sure he'll do fine. I think. AJ will have a turn around season and I think Nova will shock people. He has good stuff.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Who did you want?

Chances are, he wants to be part of a winning franchise. If I played for the Orioles, I would take a pay cut to play for the Yankees.

I was hoping the Yankees would have gone after Justin Duschrer, Jeff Francis, or Chris Young

Garcia and Colon are old and their bodies are done.

I watched Millwood pitch, he is like Colon and Garcia is my book

The others are at least in their early 30's. I know they all had injuries but at least they have potential.

Last edited:

CSD

Banned
I have faith in Cashman's decision to wait till atleast the All star break to see who's available and make a big signing.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Not until October :lol1:
:lol: If they make it.

Y? the north loves coming down here to watch their teams play lol. You wouldn't want to take them away from them would you?

I don't think you are grasping what I am saying.

The Marlins and the Rays franchises don't have a chance to compete with teams such as the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cubs, Dodgers simply because they will not get the fan support they deserve. Florida, in general, is more a college sports state. The franchises need to move the hell out of that place and get a serious fan base building.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Where would they go? Cali, Texas, of course not up in the NE. Most of those teams you posted all they have is baseball (Football and hockey too), so of course they love it more (Except the Phills cause of the Eagles and Flyers).

Last edited:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
:lol: If they make it.

I don't think you are grasping what I am saying.

The Marlins and the Rays franchises don't have a chance to compete with teams such as the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cubs, Dodgers simply because they will not get the fan support they deserve. Florida, in general, is more a college sports state. The franchises need to move the hell out of that place and get a serious fan base building.

Where would they go? Cali, Texas, of course not up in the NE. Most of those teams you posted all they have is baseball (Football and hockey too), so of course they love it more (Except the Phills cause of the Eagles and Flyers).

Maybe Montana :shrug:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member

When you say compete do u mean in ticket sales or in actual playing? I ask because last time I checked fan-base doesn't represent how well a team is going to do. Just look at how many championships Boston and Chicago have (in the past 90 years).

nah, Wyoming Rays :banana:

Oklahoma Marlins

haha even better

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
When you say compete do u mean in ticket sales or in actual playing? I ask because last time I checked fan-base doesn't represent how well a team is going to do. Just look at how many championships Boston and Chicago have (in the past 90 years).

By competing, I mean putting together a winning team year-in and year-out. Granted, Philly and Cubs haven't exactly done that but they have a huge fan base to support big contracts.

Users who are viewing this thread