2011 Mustang Gt Kenny Bell Mammoth 2.8 Track test

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
I just read yesterday in the new 5.0 mag that Wiseco offers a forged, stroked, sleeved and bored short block based on the 5.0 architecture and it displaces 5.8 liters. Damn! ! I wanna see this with ported heads and the new comp cams, with a 2.8 and 18psi on pump gas. This will be nasty.

7.62x51

Established Member
Just curious - what kind of supporting mods do you need to do to prep the 5.0 for a high boost KB blower? (dependability mods)

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Just curious - what kind of supporting mods do you need to do to prep the 5.0 for a high boost KB blower? (dependability mods)

I don't know, but with what VMP is achieving with their TVS kit I wouldn't consider any other type of positive displacement type blower setup.

They're running 10.0s@138mph in a full weight, automatic 2011 GT. Stock longblock, stock trans, stock stall.

[youtube_browser]3_LI816xU7o[/youtube_browser]

edit: oh and if you're wondering why it's so quiet, stock axle-back as well!

Last edited:

Kenne Bell

Established Member
I don't know, but with what VMP is achieving with their TVS kit I wouldn't consider any other type of positive displacement type blower setup.

They're running 10.0s@138mph in a full weight, automatic 2011 GT. Stock longblock, stock trans, stock stall.

[youtube_browser]3_LI816xU7o[/youtube_browser]

edit: oh and if you're wondering why it's so quiet, stock axle-back as well!

This is a stock 2011 5.0 GT with only an out of the box KB 2.8LC kit with our optional larger t-body (why we are testing and tuning). No lower control arms etc. The comparison is not apples to apples. We are going out again Friday, maybe we should throw some race gas in it with a smaller pulley that way we will see 10.00's too-again with stock suspension, exhaust manifolds and cats.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
This is a stock 2011 5.0 GT with only an out of the box KB 2.8LC kit with our optional larger t-body (why we are testing and tuning). No lower control arms etc. The comparison is not apples to apples. We are going out again Friday, maybe we should throw some race gas in it with a smaller pulley that way we will see 10.00's too-again with stock suspension, exhaust manifolds and cats.

Nice! I didn't mean to imply it's apples to apples, just that what's achievable with a TVS is impressive.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Nice runs...:rockon:

Next time hand the camera to someone that doesn't have Parkinson's...I need Dramamine...:eek::xpl:

jcveron

Established Member

then lets see it...will wait for the results saturday morning :pop:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member

:pop::pop:

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
WOW. sorry man didn't mean to offend anyone. a little buzzed honest mistake. take it easy guys, you taught me my lesson tonight. was just trying to share with svt. SORRY.

heaven forbid if you make a god damned mistake on this site....

KENNY ****ING BELL. there, I said it too. I paid for mine two years ago so I'll call it anything I want.

anyways, incredible blower! the 2.8's are monsters.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Someone got defensive quick ..... :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread