2011 Mustang Gt Kenny Bell Mammoth 2.8 Track test

KWIK WS6

Southern Cali
Established Member
2011 Mustang Gt Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8 Track test

Was at the track and got a chance to see the kenne bell guys do a little testing & tuning on the 2011 Mustang Gt. Car was stock with an auto,minus the KB Mammoth 2.8 and some Nitto DR's. I belive all runs were @8lbs. We left early so im sure times got better.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS8R2nJed_A"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8 (Test & Tuning)[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9DYr7cBN7w"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Kenne Bell Mammoth (Test&Tuning)[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWPbu6VUjpc"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8... 11.2@124 (Test&Tuning)[/nomedia]

camcorder005.jpg

50kb2.jpg

50kb.jpg

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
hmmm, didnt both the roush tvs and ford racing whipple run slightly better at around 6lbs of boost? just sayin.

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
these cars are very nice so far.

11.2 on low boost with nothing else but the kb and drag radials is very very nice.

SVTFAN09

...its it fast?
Established Member
This video is motivation for my 5.0 i was looking at the F1-c procharger but KB Mammoth has my vote.

wma8706

Established Member
hmmm, didnt both the roush tvs and ford racing whipple run slightly better at around 6lbs of boost? just sayin.

Smaller blowers should run slightly more efficent at lower boost levels compared to big blowers. Big boost is where this KB Mammoth will shine. Question is ... how much can the stock 5.0 take?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
So let me get this straight. You've titled the thread 2011 Mustang GT KENNY Bell Mammoth, yet you have a large sticker on the car that clearly says KENNE Bell. :dw:

facepalmjpg.jpg

Sick car nonetheless

svt2z06

11 Second Club
Established Member
That car was definately sick. There was a bug they were trying to work out that was costing them a little on the ET. Don't remember what it was but they were hoping to get it worked out and expecting a 10 second pass. One of the tech's from KB was there (I think his name was Mike?) and they were optimistic about getting it in the 10's

Regardless of whether it ran 10's or not those are just incredible times for a supercharger only Mustang GT. Hats off to the guys at Kenne Bell!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Thanks for posting this up! Yep still working a few of the t-body tuning woe's out!

BTW, SVT2Z06 nice driving! Hot lapping and still a constant 122!! It was cool hanging out with you guy's!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it's very impressive. I love it that so much is already being done with the 5.0 motor. It will only get better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread