2011 NHL Off-Season

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member

mysterio

Established Member
Damn, i'm 27. :(

Just hope the Devils get back to prominence.

This is totally off topic, but ever hear of the 27 Club?
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club]27 Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Hope YOU don't get added to it!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty excited the wild got Dany Heatly and Devin Setoguchi from the san jose!

Damn that does suck heard he was fighting some sort of depression.

mysterio

Established Member
Looks like some of the Nucks fans still need to grow the F up:

Apparently some people in Vancouver still can’t get over the Canucks' loss to the Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals. Milan Lucic is set to have his day with the Stanley Cup in his native Vancouver and according to his mother Snezana, Lucic plans to keep his celebration low key and private due to some recent incidents.

"There is a certain amount of tension right now," Lucic's mom, told the Vancouver Courier. "It's not all of Vancouver, just certain individuals."

According to the article in the Courier, a photo of Lucic in his Bruins uniform at a local hockey rink was vandalized, and last month when Lucic attended a local Greek Festival, a fight broke out in the crowd around him. Plans to bring the Stanley Cup to Kitsilano Beach Park for the sports festival, Kits Fest, have reportedly been scratched and Lucic plans to keep his celebrations with the Cup more private.

This is not the first time the Lucic family has felt the ire of Canucks fans. During Game 1 of the finals, Lucic’s grandparents were harassed at Rogers Arena.

“It’s funny they say that,” Lucic said defending Boston fans at the time. “Because I remember after Game 1, people in Vancouver throwing popcorn and peanuts at my grandparents. That’s almost as low as it gets as that goes. They’re my grandparents. They’re in their 60s. If there is anyone you should show respect to, it’s them."

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I'm excited for some Pens hockey. Been a long off season. Hoping to make it to a half dozen or so games this year. Only made it to 3 last year.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Looks like some of the Nucks fans still need to grow the F up:

Apparently some people in Vancouver still can’t get over the Canucks' loss to the Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals. Milan Lucic is set to have his day with the Stanley Cup in his native Vancouver and according to his mother Snezana, Lucic plans to keep his celebration low key and private due to some recent incidents.

"There is a certain amount of tension right now," Lucic's mom, told the Vancouver Courier. "It's not all of Vancouver, just certain individuals."

According to the article in the Courier, a photo of Lucic in his Bruins uniform at a local hockey rink was vandalized, and last month when Lucic attended a local Greek Festival, a fight broke out in the crowd around him. Plans to bring the Stanley Cup to Kitsilano Beach Park for the sports festival, Kits Fest, have reportedly been scratched and Lucic plans to keep his celebrations with the Cup more private.

This is not the first time the Lucic family has felt the ire of Canucks fans. During Game 1 of the finals, Lucic’s grandparents were harassed at Rogers Arena.

“It’s funny they say that,” Lucic said defending Boston fans at the time. “Because I remember after Game 1, people in Vancouver throwing popcorn and peanuts at my grandparents. That’s almost as low as it gets as that goes. They’re my grandparents. They’re in their 60s. If there is anyone you should show respect to, it’s them."

yea, well, i expect nothin less from that fanbase. seems on par for how they act

mysterio

Established Member
No more Vertigo symptoms for Hiller :rolling:
Hopefully he"s good to go at the beginning of the season.

That's good news. I read the other day that Crosby is still having some lingering concussion symptoms.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
That's good news. I read the other day that Crosby is still having some lingering concussion symptoms.

Sure is man, Emery and Ellis were decent but there no Hiller. I think the Ducks felt short of confidence knowing they didn't have there No. 1 goalie in net during the playoffs. At least thats my excuse for an early exit. LOL. :pop:
As for Crosby, im sure he well have to be 100% to go out there and play. I dont think the Pens would be dumb enough to let there star player play and risk an even worse injury. :shrug:

mysterio

Established Member
Yeah, it's really disturbing. I hope the league and medical officials do some serious looking into what the common threads (if any) there are in these cases.

Is it concussions, or something else?

mysterio

Established Member
Sidney Crosby is holding a press conf today at 12:30. If I was a Pens fan, I'd be very nervous about this.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
Went to the the first Ducks pre-season game today, a loss to the Yotes.:nonono:

I think I almost teared up when they showed the Ruslan Salei Clips..RIP.

mysterio

Established Member
The season's just around the corner. CAN'T WAIT.

Did you guys see any clips of the Winnipeg pre-season game last night up there? They packed them in, and the fans appeared to be very supportive. Their new logo and jerseys look pretty good too; a vast improvement over the old ones.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Yea, looking forward to season too. Bruins should be a very confident bunch after last season's unbelievable playoff run. I'm looking for big a improvement from Tyler Seguin.

mysterio

Established Member
Any of u going to any pre-season games? Ill b going back tonite to c the Sharks.

No plans just yet, because I usually get stuck with Washington Crapitals pre-season games, which is a giant waste of time and money. But I suppose I should check to see who they're playing, that might change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread