2011 Shelby... First time on the circuit

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Hello all

Finally had a chance this summer, to bring the 2011 GT500 to the racetrack.

I went to the CAYUGA RACEWAY in cayuga, ontario.

After luckily getting in there, thanks to the kind track officials FOR FREE... I had a chance to run the circuit first time ever with this beast.

Man I must say, this thing can handle quite well for the package and price paid!

Leaves me to ask, how hard is everyone on these cars on the track?

I did not leave a single drop of mercy around the full track, ran it around about 8-9 times, times could not get because the track was already closed that Sunday.

I was running on the stock goodyears, and those HAWK brake pads do well, but they did smoke after the 2nd lap around, all four.

I would love to go again and be easier on the car instead of just smash it around like I did.

Many guys break anything on the circuit much?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Not break stuff so much as wear, abuse, cook, melt, shred, loosen, and crack.

The track is a harsh environment, especially on brake pads, cooling systems, and of course tires.

But if you plan on doing it more, there are measures you can take to minimize the wear, and of course maintenance to correct the effects of having the most fun in your life!

Welcome and enjoy. :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
OP you didn't say what kind of driving experience you have but knowing how to drive the line at the track is going to be paramount in order for you to have the most fun and get the most out of the car.

Good luck, have fun and be safe!

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Sirl

Established Member
Welcome to the addiction.
Like Greg said above, the car is more than capable of running hard all day long, however there are a few basic areas to address to ensure a good long day at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread