2011 SVT PP tire wear question

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
My fronts are trashed. The insides of both sides are down to the metal and have been cupping badly.

I had the alignment checked a couple of months ago at my Ford dealer and it was perfect.they suggested maybe it was my spirited driving style coupled with temporary low air pressure....well lower than the max.

Any other ideas?

Any of you seeing anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

jcthorne

Established Member
If the inside edges of both fronts are worn out, the alignment is NOT correct. Either too much camber (most likely for these cars) or toe. The dealer will tell you the camber is not adjustable. From Ford, its not. The aftermarket solved that and it can be accomplished with adjustable strut mounts or excentric strut bolts at the bottom. Either way, most GT500s, especially if lowered have too much camber and will wear the inside edge of the front tires. Fix it and get new tires. Been there and done that.

My current Nitto front tires have over 23k miles on them and look great all the way across and are much wider than stock. (275)

F8L SN8K

Established Member
If they checked alignment and said it was fine did they also check the toe in/out(steering alinement) That could cause the cupping and uneven wear. Any vibrations or shimmy at certain speeds?

/-\ \-/

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
He has too much toe in and too much negative camber.

Install camber bolts in the upper strut bolt hole and adjust them to maximum positive gain. *Pushing the top of the tire away from the car body*

Then take it to have it aligned, and buy new front tires. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread