2011GT vs. LS1 WS6

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
I was just returning from the mall where i was shopping for last minute stuff. car is full of TWO professional electronic drum kits, amps, throne, etc, plus other stuff. i had about 300lbs+ of extra cargo in the car. trunk FULL, back seat FULL, passenger seat FULL.

Im pulling out of the mall and i see a four scoop ws6 with red, white, and blue paint job. it sounded mean, so i was going that way anyway and i worked my way behind him. we merge onto the interstate and pick up speed. i pass him on the right with traffic so he can see its a 5.slow. we were behind several semi's and going below the speed limit when we came to a 3 lane passing zone. i accelerate to 90 real quick to get his attention and pass the trucks. i then slow back down so he can either pull beside or do what i expected.....i see his nose rise and he's going for it. i wait until he gets my back corner before i hit it so he has a few MPH on me. im already in 5th waiting, and i floor it. he makes it to where his bumper is up to the rear of my front fender and i stop his pull, match his speed, and at 6k i start pulling away. he stays in it as we are coming to traffic and so do i.

i pulled enough befor we get to the traffic and pull in front of him. he lifts.

at 6-7k i murdered him. he may have had to shift, but i didnt.

overloaded bolt-on 5.slow kills Exhaust+whatever mods LS1.

his car was re, white and blue, with 'money advance' advertisement all over it. car looked perfectly clean, paint was very cool, and it sounded tough.

no vid. hard to drive and vid with the other hand. at 7k 5th gear. my bet is he is on the forums somewhere. total respect to his car.

Last edited:

assasinator

Established Member
LS swinger run this site

Last edited:

assasinator

Established Member
trolls run this site

Last edited:

assasinator

Established Member

Last edited:

arc00ta

Established Member
Good kill, I ran a 5.0 that was fresh off the lot in my headers/full exhaust formula and lost by about 2 cars from 60-110. Very strong cars. I had a lot of weight advantage otherwise it would have been worse (my hardtop 98 weighed 3210 with half tank and no driver).

assasinator

Established Member
i was going however fast i was going. he is the one who went for it. if he cruised by me the story never happens. i gave him a chance to get going before i hit it. if any bolt on LS1's want to try me im here. i wont have 300lbs of cargo in the car either.

i will wax that ass.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
i was going however fast i was going. he is the one who went for it. if he cruised by me the story never happens. i gave him a chance to get going before i hit it. if any bolt on LS1's want to try me im here. i wont have 300lbs of cargo in the car either.

i will wax that ass.

Eeeehh... I know the new 5.0's are very stout and have all the potential to take down bolt-on LS1's, especially mod for mod....
BUT, you arent that modded, so I'm going to say that you should be careful what you wish for. Especially if you're going against a stalled auto from a dig that has FULL bolt-ons (with suspension mods). With your average driver, they should have no problem hitting a low 12 at the track. Get a good driver behind the wheel, and it will run high 11's all day.

Not trying to turn this into a flame war, because the new 5.0's have certainly proven themselves, but unless you're running 11's, just be careful what you wish for. I beat one with my old SS with a slipping clutch.

I hate bench racing though. So we'll just leave it at that. :beer:

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member

i will wax that ass.

Wow, cocky aren't ya? LOL! Good kill I guess

Keith Stone

Banned
Meh, stock and bolt-on LS1's are a waste of gas for the 5.0's. Headed/cammed LS1's and LS2+'s are where the challenge is.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I was riding by the airport here the other day as a Leer Jet was taking off. I could see the pilot wanted to
try me... I let him get his nose off the ground when I hit it. By 3rd gear I had about 2 and 1/2 fuselages on
him. He landed and then we went from a dig and I....

Nevermind... JK

Good Kill

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Meh, stock and bolt-on LS1's are a waste of gas for the 5.0's. Headed/cammed LS1's and LS2+'s are where the challenge is.

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh. Tell that to the guy I beat. I'm sure he'd agree with you, since my car was super modded and all. :bored:

Not even going to go into depth about LS engines and their potential with a good head/cam setup, since it doesnt matter...

Stock/stockish 5.0's are nothing some bolt-on LS owners need to fear right now. The 5.0 has done some amazing things thus far, but lets not be unrealistic here. Your average driver will be in the low 13's their FIRST time at the track. After some experience, they will be in the 12's. With exhaust/CAI/tune.. They will be running 12.4's. Put a good tire on it, and they'll be deep into the 12's, which is very good if you ask me. After some more suspension mods, they'll be 11.7's all day. Throw some spray on it, and you have yourself a car that will run 10's and be real streetable.

That is with your average driver of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread