2012 5.0 twin turbo issues?

thepostageman

Established Member
I just wanted to see if I was being anal or whatever about somethings I've noticed since having twins on the car.
2012 5.0

First, While driving in 5th gear (only 5th) at a constant throttle or speed the car tends to jerk or oscillate idle? Is this just something that must be lived with orr is it a tuning issue? I was told it was perfectly fine..

Second, the car tends to stall only sometimes when I put it into neutral after slowing down. I don't know how else to explain it, it just happens.

Lastly, first gear seems like hell one day, and the other its perfectly smooth and I have no complaints. I was thinking this may just be due to all the torque?

Another thing i wanted to ask, would alternator issues cause any of the above?
The only reason I ask is because when I have my bass on my subs up, it jerks my car as well while driving.

Any advice, help, whatever would be awesome and appreciated.

toomnymods

Established Member
definatly not being anal.. my turbo truck had a lot of the same issues, and it was all tune related.. if you are auto i'd definatly get that tune checked out asap. lots of things can go wrong fast on a auto if the tune is off. in my case i was going thru transmissions left and right cause the tuner didnt have the calculated load sized right for the injectors and it was keeping the throttle surging, and keeping the clutches from locking up at part throttle driving.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Definitely tune related.

Pick a reputable tuner that everyone raves about here. Make a phone call to reputable tuner discussing issues and price. Start process of data logging. Send data logs to tuner. Tuner adjusts tune. Down load new tune to EMS. Run 9's at track.

thepostageman

Established Member
Definitely tune related.

Pick a reputable tuner that everyone raves about here. Make a phone call to reputable tuner discussing issues and price. Start process of data logging. Send data logs to tuner. Tuner adjusts tune. Down load new tune to EMS. Run 9's at track.

The thing is the tuner I have been going to is awesome haha. He's done endless forced induction setups, including quite a few Twin Turbo 5.0s..

thepostageman

Established Member
Sounds like its a hellion!

It is, The 62mm turbos. Its a clean setup, and the other 5.0s the tuner has done with this setup have been awesome as well. They run very reliable at 800+ horsepower. Although I am not sure if transmissions would have any effect on this? Im thinking all the ones he has done have been automatics. I don't know though.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
It is, The 62mm turbos. Its a clean setup, and the other 5.0s the tuner has done with this setup have been awesome as well. They run very reliable at 800+ horsepower. Although I am not sure if transmissions would have any effect on this? Im thinking all the ones he has done have been automatics. I don't know though.

Best thing is to log your part throttle issues and give them to your tuner. He should be able to line you out.

HELLION TURBO

I just wanted to see if I was being anal or whatever about somethings I've noticed since having twins on the car.
2012 5.0

First, While driving in 5th gear (only 5th) at a constant throttle or speed the car tends to jerk or oscillate idle? Is this just something that must be lived with orr is it a tuning issue? I was told it was perfectly fine..

Second, the car tends to stall only sometimes when I put it into neutral after slowing down. I don't know how else to explain it, it just happens.

Lastly, first gear seems like hell one day, and the other its perfectly smooth and I have no complaints. I was thinking this may just be due to all the torque?

Another thing i wanted to ask, would alternator issues cause any of the above?
The only reason I ask is because when I have my bass on my subs up, it jerks my car as well while driving.

Any advice, help, whatever would be awesome and appreciated.

Hello.

Thank you for purchasing our system. We are here to help in any way we can.

The issues you have should be very easy to remedy. There are many factors that can play into some of the things you describe. The only thing that could be an outside issue is the stereo system affecting something. That would be separate from the engine mods.

With everything correct, a properly installed system will drive like a stock car in everyday driving.

Please call or message us so we can discuss your vehicle and help iron out the package. 505-873-4670

Thank you,

Team Hellion

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Sounds like a tune issue or possibly a vacuum leak.

OP did you do a boost leak check when you were all done?

WGPpaintball118

Cadillac Magnet
Established Member
Sounds like a tune issue or possibly a vacuum leak.

OP did you do a boost leak check when you were all done?

THIS! Always do a boost leak if you are starting to have issues on a turbo car. Even if your issues aren't boost leak related, when you go in to have the car tuned to remedy your issues, if there is a boost leak they will either have to spend more time (and your money) to fix the leak before they tune...or (worst case scenario) they will tune around the leak if they don't know it is there. Neither of which are good things for you as the consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread