2012 5.0 vs 2010 SS

dynasty_365

Established Member
Friend of my mine has a buddy who is loooking to race a 5.0 and seeing as I'm like the only 5.0 in my town dude wants to meet up. So I ask what mods the guy has cuz he's supposedly heavy in to the race scene or what not and guy says he only has headers that he knows of. I'm like who just only gets headers as their first mod :-/

I told him find out what else and get back to me

so if the guy has jst headers what do u think will b the outcome of this race. I'm stock and only have 3.73 gears. What do y'all think? Drivers race?

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
you gotta figure he has 425-435rwhp. you will need most of the bolt ons to compete. and tires.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
so if the guy has jst headers what do u think will b the outcome of this race. I'm stock and only have 3.73 gears. What do y'all think? Drivers race?

Expect him to have at least a tune too. Which would put him anywhere between 410-430rwhp depending on any other bolt-ons he might have.

I'd expect him to pull on ya. The weight advantage won't be enough to overcome the 30-50rwhp advantage he'll have on you.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
My uncles 10' SS 6mt makes 410rwhp with cai, kooks long tubes, kooks mid pipe, borla cat back, dyno tune. It was tuned practically at sea level in good weather. I would say if you race go from a dig and know how to launch.

dynasty_365

Established Member
Yea I'm still waiting on the guy to hit me back with the complete list of mods. I've never heard of anybody just getting headers. That makes no sense at all.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Yeah I doubt that is all he has. I would like to see how you do against him if and when this race happens

dynasty_365

Established Member
Yea idk the guy but my friend says he is ready whenever. Most people where I'm at dnt have ss camaros. It's usually just the v6 and most people here don't mod their car. More than likely I'm guess dude probably just has a full exhaust.

I hadn't accepted the race yet cuz I'm waiting to see what mods he actually has. If he's like most people around here he just has exhaust.

If it goes down though I'll definately record it. Hadn't ever had the chance to record a race.

Actually race an ss earlier this week. Some young dude. Car still had the temp tags and I could tell it was an automatic. Both were getting on the interstate at the same time he kinda punched it so I shifted to second and got onside of him as we were still on the on ramp so nothing but space dude looks over and I'm already staring like cmon let's get it. Dude turns his head and guns it so bam I hit 3rd bam I hit 4th and at the top of 4th at about 110ish I had about 2 car lengths or so so I hit brakes and let him catch and he just smiled and shook his head and gave a thumbs up then got off at the next exit. That was my first encounter with an SS

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Stop typing in this thread and get on Lethal to order you an intake and canned tune. Then your odds can't drastically increase. Even better get off the computer and make sure you can launch that beast so you don't get slaughtered. Then when he can't brag for just barely beating a stock 5.0

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I can't wait for the chance to run an SS.

Even if he has a full exhaust and you are stock I'd say a drivers race with you having a slight advantage. The camaros are even heavier than our GTs and stock for stock we put nearly the same power to the rear wheels.

With my tune and hpipe I expect to really walk away from a stock camaro...hope I get to find out soon.

mebetter

Established Member
Yea idk the guy but my friend says he is ready whenever. Most people where I'm at dnt have ss camaros. It's usually just the v6 and most people here don't mod their car. More than likely I'm guess dude probably just has a full exhaust.

I hadn't accepted the race yet cuz I'm waiting to see what mods he actually has. If he's like most people around here he just has exhaust.

If it goes down though I'll definately record it. Hadn't ever had the chance to record a race.

Actually race an ss earlier this week. Some young dude. Car still had the temp tags and I could tell it was an automatic. Both were getting on the interstate at the same time he kinda punched it so I shifted to second and got onside of him as we were still on the on ramp so nothing but space dude looks over and I'm already staring like cmon let's get it. Dude turns his head and guns it so bam I hit 3rd bam I hit 4th and at the top of 4th at about 110ish I had about 2 car lengths or so so I hit brakes and let him catch and he just smiled and shook his head and gave a thumbs up then got off at the next exit. That was my first encounter with an SS

If you aren't scared and "would race a lambo", why haven't you accepted the race? Why do the mods matter so much that you haven't accepted, if you race just for the adrenaline?

dynasty_365

Established Member
told the dude lets get it. waiting on a reply. i'm free all weekend. can do on the street or go to the local race track. i'll keep yall updated

Users who are viewing this thread