2012 Charger R/T vs 08/09 G8 opinions

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Hyundai Genisis? Maybe the spec R? (Sedan of course) Pretty nice rides for the money. But between the two you listed I'd go with the G8.

hotrodjcc

Established Member
I would go for a newer car than a 2008-2009 G8, especially considering that Pontiac is dead. I would also definitely look at other cars. Does it have to be a V8? Also, just because a car is full-size doesn't mean it is safer than an intermediate size car. There are really quite a few great choices (2012 model year) out there that you should consider. But if you've looked at a lot of 2012 cars and only the Charger R/T interests you, then if it were me I'd rather have a new 2012 Charger R/T than a 2008-2009 G8. You'll also have a new warranty with a new Charger, which you won't get with the older G8. JMO.

The car will basically just be driven to the heliport in Louisiana, restrictions have been limited to a "newer" vehicle preferred 4dr, vehicle allowance is 650/mo, and they pay the standard gov rate of .55cents a mile.
If I'm stretching out for something really nice ie 50grand or up I've contemplated selling my 03, but from my standpoint I've never really felt that spending a large sum of cash on a high end vehicle to be a good investment for me.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
The new Kia's are pretty nice cars, flame all you want, i've got several friends with brand new ones that love them to death. They do look pretty good to IMO.

Charger vs G8, I'd get the G8.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'd probably opt for the G8 myself, but I have more experience with the Charger R/T considering my father has an '08 model. I think you'd be happy with either one, especially if it's going to be strictly for work/DD duty.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
CTSV all the way you can get used 09-10 for 40k now days awesome cars. And the 04-07 goes from 16-27k depending on the miles.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
The new Charger is actually a pretty good car. They don't drive anything like a Crown Vic from what I've read. The only downside to them is the 5-speed auto, the gearing is very widely spaced.

I love the G8 but you can't get a new one anymore. Real shame

hotrodjcc

Established Member
The new Charger is actually a pretty good car. They don't drive anything like a Crown Vic from what I've read. The only downside to them is the 5-speed auto, the gearing is very widely spaced.

I love the G8 but you can't get a new one anymore. Real shame

The new 8sod trans is available in the v6 model, I dont think it will show up in the r/t model till 2014. I'm gonna check out an 09 ctsv later today, I'm just unsure I want another vehicle that runs on premium fuel

Users who are viewing this thread