2012 Corvette ZR1 Takes on Nurburgring - 7:19

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Good Video

It takes some serious balls to take those corners at that speed!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yKb6iSWc0k"]YouTube - ‪2012 Corvette ZR1 Takes on Nurburgring‬‏[/nomedia]

The only thing I don't get is the timer clearly start/stops at two different spots of the track? Maybe it has something to do with the video delay or something???

Last edited:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
damn.. at one point it hit 2g's.. he also pulled 1.3 at 130mph.. then took a slight turn at 182mph..

skills.

Coiled03

Established Member
Oh hooray! More Nurburgring times!!

:bored: :sleeping:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Yeah, all those corners put me to sleep too. Would someone please post the all important 1/4 mile times.:poke:

I know, but it's better than more 1/4 mile times and crappy night video roll racing

I live my life a quarter mile at a time! For those 10 seconds or less I'm driving in a straight line!

ChrisMustang

Established Member
The only thing I don't get is the timer clearly start/stops at two different spots of the track? Maybe it has something to do with the video delay or something???

I'm pretty sure it has to do with them not being able to race thru the pit area. All of the 'ring vids, like the GTR end at a different spot than the start.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
meh, stopped caring about 'ring times a long time ago. there are so many variables that it's just plain pointless to compare times.
Speed:Sport:Life » Avoidable Contact #17: Cheating Nissan, Bitter Porsche. » Speed:Sport:Life
this is kind of a tradition. during days when the 'ring is open to public use, you can't just do laps after the track but you have to come back into the pull off area and pay for another lap before you can go back out. because of this you can't just record a time with one start/finish line. because of the two landmarks on the track, this is generally referred to as 'bridge to gantry' time since this is where timing is generally started and ended.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
meh, stopped caring about 'ring times a long time ago. there are so many variables that it's just plain pointless to compare times.

While I generally agree, it's really no different than any manufacturing testing at any track/strip.

Just enjoy the video and some awesome driving that involves major juevos to do. There are numerous death traps on that track.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Over 7 minutes of high speed driving. Can't complain about that. What I'm wondering is exactly what changes were made to the ZR1.

Some small aero and suspension tweaks (reprogramming the MR) + the addition of MPSC tires, which probably made the most difference.

FYI - The Z06 received basically the same upgrades and will be making another run at the 'ring, so keep an eye out for that vid.

No doubt these latest vette's are seriously fast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread