2012 F-150 Ecoboost and Stainless Works exhaust

Franchi

Established Member
Spent the morning today at a local dyno day. First two pulls were on my new Innovative Diesel tune, which was pretty much a baseline tune and going to be doing some datalogging and going back and forth and get it tweaked specifically for a track tune.
Third and final pull was on my MPT daily driver tune which is what I've done all my prior pulls on.

374 rwhp and 552 torque. It was a open dyno day and I think the first time just about all of them had seen a Ecoboost on the rollers. People were shocked at the torque esp once I told em it had basic boltons, no turbo upgrades or anything. lol

photo-2_zpse3d20731.jpg

Best video I could do with my iPhone....

2012 F150 Ecoboost Stainless Works / Airaid / SCT / Wagner - YouTube

That shows too picked up 35 rwhp and 76 torque from the Stainless Works downpipe and S tube catback as I put down 339/476 prior.

Franchi

Established Member
Yep! I was expecting about 500 torque but was surprised to see the 552 as I didn't think the torque would jump that much with the exhaust but it's also my first turbo vehicle, maybe that's normal with better downpipes and catback.

Last edited:

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
In the next few years there will be a 6.2 ecoboost. Just dont expect it to be a box you can tick on every model in fords lineup like the 3.5

TermiInJax

Established Member
Yep! I was expecting about 500 torque but was surprised to see the 552 as I didn't think the torque would jump that much with the exhaust but it's also my first turbo vehicle, maybe that's normal with better downpipes and catback.

Is this a 93 octane tune? I already have the Airaid CAI and a Superchips Flashpaq but am considering the down pipe and cat back.

Franchi

Established Member
Yes, on a 93 octane custom SCT tune, written by Mike over at MorePowerTuning.com // Performance + Customer Service = MorePowerTuning.

What I love about the downpipe and catback is all the turbo whistle. Just enough to hear it and know what it is, but not too loud for a dd/family hauler. Def saw some good improvements mid to upper range rpms too with the dp and catback, just pulled smoother there.

t01lightning

Established Member
The route I would take is to have the exhaust super quiet that way when you get on it all you hear is the jet like turbo sound and not the v6.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I want an EB bad but **** do they sound like shit, like the shit your dog wouldn't even attempt to eat and dogs love to eat shit. Sick looking truck though, what rim/tire size did you go with?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Spent the morning today at a local dyno day. First two pulls were on my new Innovative Diesel tune, which was pretty much a baseline tune and going to be doing some datalogging and going back and forth and get it tweaked specifically for a track tune.
Third and final pull was on my MPT daily driver tune which is what I've done all my prior pulls on.

374 rwhp and 552 torque. It was a open dyno day and I think the first time just about all of them had seen a Ecoboost on the rollers. People were shocked at the torque esp once I told em it had basic boltons, no turbo upgrades or anything. lol

photo-2_zpse3d20731.jpg

Best video I could do with my iPhone....

2012 F150 Ecoboost Stainless Works / Airaid / SCT / Wagner - YouTube

That shows too picked up 35 rwhp and 76 torque from the Stainless Works downpipe and S tube catback as I put down 339/476 prior.

that torque figure is way out of whack. I dont know who dynoed that truck but something is amiss. There is no way you are making 60ft-lbs more than every other truck out there with the exact same mods. :bored:

Franchi

Established Member
Yep, the sound of the Ecoboost with an exhaust isn't for everybody. If expecting a roaring V8 sound, will be sorely disappointed.

That being said, I like the setup on it, lots of turbo whistle but pretty quiet at cruising speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread