2012 gt premium steering wheel

blown95svt

Established Member
$175

2010 - 2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium Leather Steering Wheel

will fit 2005-2012. cruise controls will work, to get radio controls to work must be programmed.

These are steering wheels taken off a brand new GT Premium Mustangs during their conversion into ROUSH Mustangs. They are black leather wrapped with gray and silver trim around the side button consoles and center lower piece and they still have the plastic wrap on them.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Here you go.

Jan29003.jpg

Jan29002.jpg

Jan29001.jpg

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
anyone have pics of these in a base?

Here is a pic of one in my Base '11 V6. I do notice that the one's that this guy is selling doesn't have the Sync button (telephone icon) on the right of the steering wheel like the 'Premium' wheel that I bought from a board member last year. The only leather wrapped wheels that I have seen without the Sync button are in rental Mustangs. I rented a '11 V6 and it had the wheel that looked just like what this guy is selling.

DSCF1105.jpg

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
i bought my steering wheel from tousley ford and it also didnt have the sync button. but obviously it was never on a car before. This is a KILLER price. after all the buttons, tribar pieces, steering wheel itself, it easily turned into nearly $300 and that was from tousley.

blown95svt

Established Member
steering wheel

You can activate the stereo controls by updating the ACM as-built-data. Its about a 15-20 minute job for a tech that knows IDS. You simply change the ACM code to match a car that came with the steering wheel you upgraded to. Its just 8 bytes difference between a base and a Boss302 ACM as-built codes for example. Dealer or independent shop that uses IDS (update/diagnostic software for Ford/Lincoln/Mazda/etc. cars).

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
How hard is the install?

Very simple.

Make sure that your steering wheel is in the 'locked' position before starting. Disconnect the battery and let the car sit for about 30 minutes.

You will need a small socket (can't remember the size right off) to remove the two bolts on the side of the steering wheel that releases the horn button/air bag. These bolts are under two small round plastic covers that you can pop off with a small flat blade screw driver.

Disconnect the two connections to the air bag and set the horn button to the side.

Disconnect the wire connection that feeds power to the buttons on the steering wheel.

You need a 24 MM socket to remove the nut that holds the steering wheel in place. The wheel just lifts right off.

Put the new steering wheel on in its place. It has an alignment pin so you can't put it on but one way.

Reverse the steps and you are done.

It is about a 10 minute job after you let the car sit with the battery disconnected.

Users who are viewing this thread