2012 SHO to get 400 HP?

pwrshft99

Established Member
I wouldn't buy it just for that reason alone... its an awesome ride but pick up a used one, throw a cold air and tune on it and your looking at 400+

YoungJim

Established Member
Huh. It isn't a CTS-V, but then it probably isn't priced like one, either. I wonder if I can get flat black paint...

Jim

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Id love to have one. My parents have a 2010 Taurus, and I sat in the SHO, and the quality from years gone by is.......unbelievable. It hopefully will replace the wifes Accord someday....:rockon:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Nice, had a 91 back in the day and it only had 220 hp. Ran great in Germany, can't imagine it with more hp!

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's only a tune, intake, and cat back away from 450 hp right now.

Flywheel maybe maybe maybe, but even the new 5.0s (bigger displacement, more powerful, and more mod-friendly) need a tune, full exhaust and some bolt-ons to get 450rwhp (yes, I know upwards of 500rw is possible).

Unless we're talking raising the boost...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Flywheel maybe maybe maybe, but even the new 5.0s (bigger displacement, more powerful, and more mod-friendly) need a tune, full exhaust and some bolt-ons to get 450rwhp (yes, I know upwards of 500rw is possible).

Unless we're talking raising the boost...

Id imagine like most modern turbocharged cars, the boost is controlled via ecu, so a tune would be necessary to change boost. Might as well give it another couple PSI while youre there....

factory FI cars ftw.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Id imagine like most modern turbocharged cars, the boost is controlled via ecu, so a tune would be necessary to change boost. Might as well give it another couple PSI while youre there....

factory FI cars ftw.

I didn't even take into consideration raising boost with the tune initially. I assumed he meant 450whp with nothing more than a tune, intake, and catback and man I just ain't seeing it! :lol1:

No doubt it's at 450whp with raised boost, a tune, intake and catback though.

oldmodman

Established Member
A tune has been able to control the wastegate and raise the boost by 7.5psi.
At least that's what was posted on Modfords EcoBoost section.
Now, how long the transmission will hold up to that, who knows.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It won't last very long.

I was just getting my mustang serviced a few weeks back and they had a SHO in the shop with the tranny on the floor. Don't know the mods, but it did have a nice set of rims and tires.

Apparently Ford is really checking for mods if you bring in a SHO with any kind of trans issue.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I didn't even take into consideration raising boost with the tune initially. I assumed he meant 450whp with nothing more than a tune, intake, and catback and man I just ain't seeing it! :lol1:

No doubt it's at 450whp with raised boost, a tune, intake and catback though.

A tune has been able to control the wastegate and raise the boost by 7.5psi.
At least that's what was posted on Modfords EcoBoost section.
Now, how long the transmission will hold up to that, who knows.

Livernois seems to think ~350awhp is the sensible limit due to the small turbos heating up.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/760614-ecoboost-f150-dyno-numbers-2.html

Users who are viewing this thread