2013/14 Gauge Faces

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I'm coming up on the end of a lease and will most likely be getting into a 2014 GT Premium/Track. GM/Lexus guy all my life, but I've driven a 12 Boss and a 12 GT/Brembo vert and I really liked them both, although the convertible was a little too soft and floaty for my tastes. And I can simply see better out of the Mustang. The Camaro, as much as I like it, was like driving a pillbox. When this is paid off, I will hopefully have saved enough pennies for a C7.

Anyhow, the one major gripe I have with the interior is those awful retro gauges. They're cluttered and hard to read and just not what I'm looking for. I loved the Boss gauges for both font and ease of reading and I was wondering if a Boss cluster would swap in. I'm not concerned about the tach redline being too high, but I am concerned about the speedo being off, if it works at all. If it isn't plug, program, and play, I'm not going to chase this down the rabbit hole

Conversely, has anyone made Boss/GT500 gauge faces for the 13/14s like Black Cat did for the 10-12s?

kingnut

Established Member
in for answer. i agree, the retro gauges suck it hard. they dont have an exciting look and feel like previous cars.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
it should work just fine, butim sure a ford tech will have to calibrate it to get it aligned correct and your mileage

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
hmmm i've never seen what the gt gauges look like. going to google now..

for people like me:
GT:
Ford-Mustang_GT_2013_1600x1200_wallpaper_2c.jpg

boss:
Ford-Mustang_Boss_302_2013_1600x1200_wallpaper_16.jpg

I don't see why you couldn't swap these they are the same things. I'd think the wiring the exact.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I think there might be some confusion with this, but are we talking about swapping STRICTLY the gauge faces, and not the entire gauge cluster? Or the entire gauge cluster?

I know in my old '01 F150 you could swap actual gauge faces no problem...not sure if that's the case anymore...

kingnut

Established Member
hmmm i've never seen what the gt gauges look like. going to google now..

for people like me:
GT:
Ford-Mustang_GT_2013_1600x1200_wallpaper_2c.jpg

boss:
Ford-Mustang_Boss_302_2013_1600x1200_wallpaper_16.jpg

I don't see why you couldn't swap these they are the same things. I'd think the wiring the exact.

should be, i know the tach is a little different.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

mjohns930

Established Member
That would be interesting if the Boss cluster would swap in and be able to be programmed/calibrated to work correctly. If I remember correctly a dealer has to take the data from the old cluster and program it to the new cluster with their scan tool. If there is a limitation in the scan tool that wouldn't let them write regular GT data to the Boss cluster then there would be an issue. The vehicle speed sensor and the engine speed sensor should be the same between the two cars so those shouldn't be an issue. I think this is something that someone would have to bite the bullet and spend the money on and see what happens. Maybe the OP can find a dealer that would work with him on this and guarantee a return if it doesn't work how he is expecting. It would also be interesting to see if the track apps would work out of the box in a base GT, although I know the steering will would also need to be swapped.

Last edited:

lsxjunkie

Established Member
Thanks for the replies everyone.

You can...If you read through the thread I posted, here is the company the guy used. They have templates on file, including the OP of that thread's, and do custom work also:

Black Cat Custom Automotive - Gauge Faces for all makes and models of cars and trucks - LED Lighting Upgrades

I'd have to have them do them custom for me, as they don't have anything for the 2013+ gauges yet. Thanks though.

I think there might be some confusion with this, but are we talking about swapping STRICTLY the gauge faces, and not the entire gauge cluster? Or the entire gauge cluster?

I know in my old '01 F150 you could swap actual gauge faces no problem...not sure if that's the case anymore...

Either or, depending on which is easier or a better solution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread