2013 Black Sunshine build

wachamberlain

Established Member
Well, I figured I'd let the cat out of the bag.

Last summer brother bought the fully optioned 13 GT 500, traded an 11 ZR1 in on it, did the quick mods, tb, cai, off road, 10% UD, tune. Made 700 to the wheels in that form, well tick tock tick tock, the motor blew after only 700 miles :shrug::shrug:

Scarred the block between number 2 and 3..........such is life of a high hp car, it happens sometimes.

After waffling about what to do, Black sunshine came to live again after a few months on the shelf. Starting in November last year after months and months of waiting for parts, motor being built, blah blah blah. It's almost finally there, awaiting a final retune before final dyno numbers. Will keep y'all posted should be finished with 2 weeks.

List of mods below:

MMR fully built S/B, darton resleeved block to produce 358 CI
billet rods, cobra crank, forged slugs, billet oil pump, ATI damper
MMR stage 3 P/P heads, with comp stage 3 blower cams, upgraded valevs and springs
MMR lightwwight oil cooler
Whipple 4.0
FRPP SCJ TB, meter
ARH 2' with 3' O/R, magnaflow street series CB
LP complete returnless fuel system with 205 squirters, CFE fuel hat
McLeod clutch, aluminum D/S, Barton shifter,
TR6060 rebulit with beefed up internals, McLeod clutch
FR rear seat delete
Speed of Sound 3 gauge pod pillar
BMR full rear suspension

In this form it produced 927HP and 787TQ on 18 lbs with C16 with stock whipple 4.0 pulley

With a recommendation from a diff tuner, going with 80lb squirters and turning the boost up, retune dyno numbers to follow.

How do I post pics? Don't flame me, just a simple question, I'm not allowed to add attachments yet

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Did you change to a 9" rear as well? Still trying to understand why you pulled the CF shaft...

Marc

Established Member
That's one reason I am so hesitant to get at a tune on my car prior to the warranty expiring.

But, at least your car sounds like a beast now! Congrats!

stutter

eat me
Established Member
That's one reason I am so hesitant to get at a tune on my car prior to the warranty expiring.

But, at least your car sounds like a beast now! Congrats!

I respect everyone getting this stuff done, Im even jealous, but I cant afford to not use the warranty if something goes wrong. Lol:shrug:

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Well, I figured I'd let the cat out of the bag.

Last summer brother bought the fully optioned 13 GT 500, traded an 11 ZR1 in on it, did the quick mods, tb, cai, off road, 10% UD, tune. Made 700 to the wheels in that form, well tick tock tick tock, the motor blew after only 700 miles :shrug::shrug:

Scarred the block between number 2 and 3..........such is life of a high hp car, it happens sometimes.

After waffling about what to do, Black sunshine came to live again after a few months on the shelf. Starting in November last year after months and months of waiting for parts, motor being built, blah blah blah. It's almost finally there, awaiting a final retune before final dyno numbers. Will keep y'all posted should be finished with 2 weeks.

List of mods below:

MMR fully built S/B, darton resleeved block to produce 358 CI
billet rods, cobra crank, forged slugs, billet oil pump, ATI damper
MMR stage 3 P/P heads, with comp stage 3 blower cams, upgraded valevs and springs
MMR lightwwight oil cooler
Whipple 4.0
FRPP SCJ TB, meter
ARH 2' with 3' O/R, magnaflow street series CB
LP complete returnless fuel system with 205 squirters, CFE fuel hat
McLeod clutch, aluminum D/S, Barton shifter,
TR6060 rebulit with beefed up internals
FR rear seat delete
Speed of Sound 3 gauge pod pillar
BMR full rear suspension

In this form it produced 927HP and 787TQ on 18 lbs with C16 with stock whipple 4.0 pulley

With a recommendation from a diff tuner, going with 80lb squirters and turning the boost up, retune dyno numbers to follow.

How do I post pics? Don't flame me, just a simple question, I'm not allowed to add attachments yet

Hell Yeah! We have some great builds going on within this board :burnout:
Nice!

Sub'n :beer:

carguy19

Established Member
Id find a way to plumb meth injection into the lower intake with that kind of power level. Its worth 80-100 hp at least at that power level . It will keep the intake charge nice and cool and help prevent detonation.

wachamberlain

Established Member
Id find a way to plumb meth injection into the lower intake with that kind of power level. Its worth 80-100 hp at least at that power level . It will keep the intake charge nice and cool and help prevent detonation.

Good info, thought of that already......Bought the steeda h/e, and found out it won't fit a 13, the 13 h/e is bigger than the 07-12 factory he.

Took the fans off the steeda h/e and mounted them on the factory cooler, and rewired to work with the thermostat.

Wants to get it running, broke in, before we go bat crap crazy!!!!!!

Last edited:

dustin88lx

Established Member
Open up a photo bucket account for pics. It's free and easy.

2ND'ED

Great build man, car should be a monster and still a lot of fun to drive....get those photos or it didn't happen...lol

Look forward to seeing you around. Any plans on being in Bowling Green this October?

Take care

P1Shelby

Established Member
Sounds killer! Sorry to hear the bad news about the motor going at 700 miles. That sucks for anyone... Keep us posted and get some pics up! :pop:

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread