2013+ block in a 2012?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else with a 2012 car had a 2013 block from the factory?

A few weeks ago when I started to assemble the shortblock, I immediately found out my 12mm 2011-2012 ARP head studs did not fit. I was slightly confused. Triple checked everything and I had the right part #. I also noticed it did not have piston squiters. So, I ordered the 11mm 2013+ head studs and voila....they fit. Maybe this is common but I had never heard of it.

Anyways, if you were not aware of this possibility, now you are. :beer:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
It is fairly common to run into. Typically with those I recommend people checking what they have before ordering the head studs to just save the hassle of returns.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
It is fairly common to run into. Typically with those I recommend people checking what they have before ordering the head studs to just save the hassle of returns.

Thanks for the confirmation, Aaron. Figured it was common and I just wasn't aware.

ebrow21

Established Member
Yep, my 2/12 built car had the oil squirters deleted, and the heads were already clearanced for the higher lift cams. Ran into the same problem with the studs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread