[youtube_browser]RL8pYcfb49Q[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]zgw4zjTOVAI[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]7CIKQmHkDTc[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
The boss wasn't racing...

J/k nice run. I'd pick up a CTS-V if I could afford it.

Boss3o2

Established Member
And 600# less to pull around

doesn't impress me, one bit and shouldn't to anyone else as well. It is barely pulling in a straight line race, with its 6.2 Liter Supercharged engine, with an additional 17-20 whp addition of the Cold Air-Intake, to a 5 Liter N/A Boss 302. Add some turns to the picture, and that Cadillac will act like its typical owner - ANCIENT. There were two of them at open track event, and were suffereing major HEAT soak, and there Honda S2000's doing 3-4 sec. faster on a lap. I was doing 1:50's in my stock Boss 302 LS. Same with a new Camaro ZL1 out there, the supposed greatest handling pony car.

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
doesn't impress me, one bit and shouldn't to anyone else as well. It is barely pulling in a straight line race, with its 6.2 Liter Supercharged engine, with an additional 17-20 whp addition of the Cold Air-Intake, to a 5 Liter N/A Boss 302. Add some turns to the picture, and that Cadillac will act like its typical owner - ANCIENT. There were two of them at open track event, and were suffereing major HEAT soak, and there Honda S2000's doing 3-4 sec. faster on a lap. I was doing 1:50's in my stock Boss 302 LS. Same with a new Camaro ZL1 out there, the supposed greatest handling pony car.

Butthurt much?:nonono: :whine:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

They are two completely different cars. Was just pointing out that that both cars had advantages in this vid. Not just the V.

You want to talk about heat soak? How come you have to take the front grill out of the Boss to keep it from overheating? Don't act like you don't, because it's widely known.

Maybe next time, we should line up both sides fastest luxury cars luxury cars? Oh yea, Ford doesn't make a fast luxury car. They make shitty Lincolns that nobody cares about.

If you feel the need to compare your purpose built road course car against a luxury sedan that happens to have a lot of power, you've got some low standards.

He obviously had some pent up anger ready to blow lol

Last edited:

QUIKAG

Established Member

What's with the hate? Damn, it was just a few videos between friends comparing two pretty quick cars. Nothing more and nothing less. Both cars are in completely different car categories, they just happen to be pretty similar in straight-line acceleration.

It's so funny how people get so bent out of shape over so little. There are no major political statements being made by posting the vids. It's a few fun vids to watch and then move on to more important things in life.

Boss3o2

Established Member

Yeah, butt hurt. Now my Grandmother is going to be telling me, how her Cadillac is faster then any of my cars. This blows...

They are two completely different cars. Was just pointing out that that both cars had advantages in this vid. Not just the V.

You want to talk about heat soak? How come you have to take the front grill out of the Boss to keep it from overheating? Don't act like you don't, because it's widely known.

Maybe next time, we should line up both sides fastest luxury cars luxury cars? Oh yea, Ford doesn't make a fast luxury car. They make shitty Lincolns that nobody cares about.

If you feel the need to compare your purpose built road course car against a luxury sedan that happens to have a lot of power, you've got some low standards.

Sorry bud, but I have never seen any overheating issues in my 13+ track events in my LS. Also, you obviously do not the definition of what "heat soak" is. If you have any common logic, you know exactly what I am talking about with ZL1's and CTS-V's (even some of the early GT500's). Try lining up a CTS-V with its "only CAI" to a GT500, and then come back and you will get my "wow".

Boss3o2

Established Member
What's with the hate? Damn, it was just a few videos between friends comparing two pretty quick cars. Nothing more and nothing less. Both cars are in completely different car categories, they just happen to be pretty similar in straight-line acceleration.

It's so funny how people get so bent out of shape over so little. There are no major political statements being made by posting the vids. It's a few fun vids to watch and then move on to more important things in life.

Exactly where did I get "bent out of shape"? I was just stating my opinion, which is the reason why you posted it, isn't it?

Welcome to forum life.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Sorry bud, but I have never seen any overheating issues in my 13+ track events in my LS. Also, you obviously do not the definition of what "heat soak" is. If you have any common logic, you know exactly what I am talking about with ZL1's and CTS-V's (even some of the early GT500's). Try lining up a CTS-V with its "only CAI" to a GT500, and then come back and you will get my "wow".

I'd rather have heat soak than over heat.

Why the CTSV vs GT500 comparison now? You mad that Ford has ZERO response for it?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ok, smart guy. Thanks for the lunch time laugh..

Isn't it dinner time for you? Bed times in a few hours;-)

Until Ford steps up with a performance car other than the Mustang, we'll have to settle for four door boats running the best they have to offer.

Last edited:

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
CTS-V = sleeper
BOSS 302 = Great All around car

I expected the V to win but the BOSS just needed a 100 shot or full exhaust & tune.
The Boss really held it's own, im impressed

Users who are viewing this thread