2013 Boss 302R build thread(PIC HEAVY)

GCubersoldat

Established Member
The time has come! April 11th is the shake down for the car at Homestead Miami Speedway. Picked it up, had to redo the exhaust due to regulations for NASA giving a penalty if it’s dumps. Had a 3 inch exhaust installed all the way back and having some Toyo RRs slapped on. Will post pics/go pro footage after the event

910d7745ca21d7de858419e505c26be0.jpg

54f1dec1f7d023d8a4a7e71fc6886967.jpg

9ce06635c1feede203646c03be253004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCubersoldat

Established Member
After 5 years, 2 months, and 17 days.......the time came. First track day was last weekend at Homestead Miami Speedway!

First session was great, was starting out slow to get a feel for the car and see how it reacted. Fuel pressure stayed at 55 PSI thanks to all 4 bosch pumps firing away in the ATL fuel system, oil pressure nominal, and most importantly...car runs like a bat out of hell. Was pulling some serious G's in the corners and braking zones once the pads warmed up with 0 brake fade thanks to some Motul 660 RBF and Gloc R18/R12 combo.

Second session was a bust. coming out of the pits i encountered some serious chugging and could not go above 3k RPM. limped it back to pits and encountered fuel contamination from aging foam inside the fuel cell. Made an emergency tear down, siphoning out the old fuel and cycling the pumps to empty the reservoirs. Emptied the foam out, cleaned the bladder and resealed with new fuel. Purged fuel lines up to the rails and voila!

Third session went excellent, kept pushing the car now further and further. no oversteer, very very minimal understeer and the car feels planted down to the ground thanks to a couple of adjustments with the splitter. Going into turn 8 had a lockout from a 4-3 downshift, attempted to put back into any gear and i was completely dead in the water. waited in a run off 30 seconds or so, put the car finally back into gear and limped it off to the pits to inspect. Shifter had significant slop but it seemed that the car was shifting as it should of. Our guess is that the fluid going to the slave cylinder boiled and prevented the clutch from fully disengaging. Was remedied with bleeding the slave and wrapping the clutch line in gold foil heat shielding to prevent further instances.

Fourth session was beautiful. After over 5 years, the car finally was not only on track but singing its 7500 RPM songs without interruption or flaw. Once i got into my rhythm i was cutting 1:45's consistently and i still feel the car has ALOT left in it once it is properly tuned and a fresh set of tires are put on (Toyo scrubs were being used).

IMG_1110.jpg

image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image7.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! That is incredible!

Sent from my Potato

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Update, going to homestead Miami speedway again September 5th to finish dialing the car in.

Cleaning up a lot of wiring, installed the Peterson catch can, gold foil around the intake, relocated battery, fixed GoPro, rerouting brake ducts, and switched to a Barton shifter. Will post more pics but here’s the gist of it

56a8769d8e45d528f7d5e4c97fa5733d.jpg

0957df1656e9669c44747ef48b9cbd0d.jpg

80435e432253b03a11c219be80958147.jpg

9f1d516496cdab61a4981ab5ba47405d.jpg

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Can't believe I missed this thread for five years. This is the best build thread I think I've seen! Congrats on sticking it through to the end and reaping the rewards of your hard work! Awesome job!

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I wrapped my aftermarket TMIC on my WRX which is mounted right above my turbo with DEI reflect-a-gold and even during 90 degree hot and humid days you could always touch the intercooler with your hand. I'm saying it was cold, but you could always touch it and never once did I ever burn my hand or have to quickly pull away because it felt way too hot. The stuff is pricey, but it definitely works as advertised.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
While preparing for this weekends race, we decided to do brake ducts...but it seemed that the present options were either too small (2-2.5") or too expensive for a 3"+ setup. So after some google engineering, we purchased a 4 to 3 inch PVC reducer, made some modifications, got some raw hose from Hoerr Racing Products, and found a set of backing plates on craigslist off a super snake for around $45. The reducers, plates, and hose in total came to approximately $135 shipped for a full 3" duct setup with minimal effort needed to make it work.

9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Took it back out to Homestead Miami Speedway this weekend to run it through its paces. the Toyo RR's while great are shot at this point and the shift linkage seems to be giving us some issues which we will need to work out, but overall we had a great weekend and even after dive bombing the corners there were no signs of brake fade.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those Corvettes at 3:25 were wanting to pass a race Mustang haha

GCubersoldat

Established Member
What pads are you running?

Gloc R18 race pads for the front and R12s for the rear. Very aggressive pad but once you warm them up they’re one of the best out there. Just need to make sure you clean the wheels after each weekend because the brake dust is corrosive.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Gloc R18 race pads for the front and R12s for the rear. Very aggressive pad but once you warm them up they’re one of the best out there. Just need to make sure you clean the wheels after each weekend because the brake dust is corrosive.

You might consider ST47s when you are done with those. Seems like everyone has moved to them. I just did and so far they are great. They last a full race season.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You might consider ST47s when you are done with those. Seems like everyone has moved to them. I just did and so far they are great. They last a full race season.

A whole year?!

Users who are viewing this thread