2013 Ford Mustang GT - Unmarked Police car with lights VIDEO

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Pretty sure they do that for promotional use. The lighting company installs them on cars like that and then advertises with them.

01bluesnake

Established Member
The topic comes up now and then, but we aren't sure if they will see any or actually need a pursuit car. we are expecting a certain vehicle with a certain turbo engine to replace the vic fleet and will be more than enough to run most cars out there.

SicShelby09

Banned
The topic comes up now and then, but we aren't sure if they will see any or actually need a pursuit car. we are expecting a certain vehicle with a certain turbo engine to replace the vic fleet and will be more than enough to run most cars out there.

There are not enough guys to man the tollroads anymore from what I hear. They cut a ton of them and now there is like 1 for miles and miles of highway. Good for racing, bad for accidents.

jonp

Established Member
All of those lights, and they missed the solid forward facing red light (the only light actually required in CA).

scott_0

Established Member
Im gonna show this to my Chief, we're ready to order a new supervisors vehicle, maybe he'll make it a Mustang, I could see myself rolling in a 5.0 cruiser 10hrs/day lol

kingnut

Established Member
all of you can stop your drooling. 99.9% of cop cars are 4 doors. besides i say its fraud, waste, and abuse to get a 5.0 for police patrolling. you need to be nicer with tax payer dollars and get the v6 mustang for 31 mpg.

SicShelby09

Banned
all of you can stop your drooling. 99.9% of cop cars are 4 doors. besides i say its fraud, waste, and abuse to get a 5.0 for police patrolling. you need to be nicer with tax payer dollars and get the v6 mustang for 31 mpg.

The point of this vehicle is to catch speeders, possible on open roads and highways. Here in IL, we had state trooper unmarked camaros and mustangs for a long time patrolling the tollways. There has to be something fast. Then when they catch you, they call for a transport vehicle. Chill man.

ViciousJay

Established Member
The point of this vehicle is to catch speeders, possible on open roads and highways. Here in IL, we had state trooper unmarked camaros and mustangs for a long time patrolling the tollways. There has to be something fast. Then when they catch you, they call for a transport vehicle. Chill man.

Mehhhh those guysnive ran into the past, I never see them anymore and most guys will pullover unless on a crotch rocket, in which case they would need air support

jonp

Established Member
Eventually cops will stop chasing all together. Kingnut is also right about the waste.

It's not worth chasing people anymore with the way our justice system is. I see murderers out in 8-10 years very frequently. I stopped a guy the other day on FIVE different probations. They just can't put people away anymore.

Traffic violations mean nothing to the people who run. It's too dangerous to regular citizens when we chase. Violent felonies aside, chasing will eventually be gone for traffic violators.

Users who are viewing this thread