2013+ Front Grilles

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
I was actually thinking about doing this since I didn't want to get rid of my LED fogs but I just couldn't justify couple hundred bucks just to have a tri emblem in the middle instead of the horse. I ended up going with 2013 Cali special grill set. I have to get some pics together.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

how much did the CS grill set cost you?

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Hmmm, maybe you either clip it over the grille if you want fogs or remove the stock piece if ya don't want em and it clips into the factory retainers. I could live without the fogs, I like the billet look a lot, and just get the cs fogs down the road.

just read this on the site.... might have to give these a try. cost less than the Roush and is metal

Retro Upper Grille. Add an aggressive edge to your Mustang with a retro style grille that features 7 horizontal bars. This 7 bar retro upper grille has a very unique design that allows you to keep your stock factory fog lights intact behind the grille or you can remove them altogether, the choice is up to you! This upper grille is a replacement grille that requires removing your stock factory grille. Matching Lower Grille. The optional 5 bar lower billet grille is a perfect match to the upper to complete the appearance of your Mustang. The Lower grille is an overlay that attaches over the stock factory lower grille.
from the sound of it you remove the grill but can keep the fogs behind the new grill if you wish.

Last edited:

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Just installed the Grille from AM. LOVE it. you can leave the stock fogs in place if you want. I took them out until i can get some tint for them so they will not be noticeable. The lower is designed to be mounted over the stock honeycomb but I didnt want the chance you could see it so I fabricated a bracket to mount it with the lower grille removed.

SAM_1786.jpg

SAM_1787.jpg

cdog1157

Established Member
Just installed the Grille from AM. LOVE it. you can leave the stock fogs in place if you want. I took them out until i can get some tint for them so they will not be noticeable. The lower is designed to be mounted over the stock honeycomb but I didnt want the chance you could see it so I fabricated a bracket to mount it with the lower grille removed.

SAM_1786.jpg

SAM_1787.jpg

Are they well made and How do you like them? How hard was it to make a bracket for the lower?

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Are they well made and How do you like them? How hard was it to make a bracket for the lower?

very well made, and I am very happy with them. The bracket was easy. just took a piece of aluminum and bent it around the opening and drilled a hole for the supplied mounting hardware to go through. I can take some pics and better instructions if needed

kingnut

Established Member

SAM_1786.jpg

SAM_1787.jpg

best looking setup for the 13's i have seen yet. now add some cs fogs and your money.

turd burglar

Established Member
Better pics of bracket setup? That was my plan as well, i figured something could be rigged up to make it work.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Ryan, only thing I would think about doing if I were you would be to trim away the excess plastic that shows from the OE grill, and find a way to not make the grill so "see through"

I know that sounds anal...

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Better pics of bracket setup? That was my plan as well, i figured something could be rigged up to make it work.
just two pieces of Aluminum that I bent around the grille opening. I can get better pics if need be.
SAM_1778.jpg

Ryan, only thing I would think about doing if I were you would be to trim away the excess plastic that shows from the OE grill, and find a way to not make the grill so "see through"

I know that sounds anal...

No I agree. Have already thought about painting the radiator black or getting some type mesh to put behind it. and I wanted to make sure I liked the lower grille before I went and cut the bumper but I am very happy and next time I take the bumper off i will trim the lower.

chao5.0

Established Member
i was thinking about getting a '13 GT500 front bumper to retain my fog lights but i don't want this car copying a GT500 anymore than it already does. i still want to remove the fog lights from the grille and add a blacked out look like 03machme has and add some flat black shelby stripes to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread