2013 gt auto BURNOUT?

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
I got a friend who just bout a 2013 gt and I told him how to turn off traction control and advance trac.and he says he cant do a burn out.he says it will spin when it hits 2000 or 3000 rpm it stops spinning.do thes cars have something different than the 2012.the 2013 car does have all the sync stuff and my 2012 gt does not.

4VFTW

Established Member
its been along time since I was stock but I remember having the same issue iirc the 13-14 have brake over accelerator override...can be tuned out. your friend is holding down advancetrac button for 8 seconds with his foot on the brake til it says "advancetrac off" correct?

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
yes it says advance trac off. he is a newb on here (mj662) so he is probably reading this by now.THANKS

MJ662

Established Member
Yea I'm reading it I don't know why it does that I can do one while in sports mode ( a small one at that) but it won't while in drive

98v8

Established Member
Mine when stock would just burn them up to 2000 rpm. I belive it's supposed to be a safety thing after all those priuses weren't stopping

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I don't get how everyone is having burnout issues?? All I ever did was hit the button ONCE for TC off and I was good... Not trying to offend you but genuinely confused as to why so many people are having issues...

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
If after pushing and holding button for 5 seconds while stopped which turns off both TC and adv track does not allow you to spin the tires at will something is wrong with your car. There is 3 modes; tc off, sport mode, full off.

Users who are viewing this thread