2013 GT cloth recaros vs leather recaros

kingnut

Established Member
so i have to order another 2013 GT as soon as i know my work schedule. i bought a premium last time and i love the recaros. but really i could save almost $4000 if i bought a base with track pack and recaros compared to a premium. that 4 G's could be used for wheels and suspension.

anyone sat in both and have any feedback? ive only sat in the leather recaros and i loved them.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Cloth will grip you better in turns and not be hot in summer and cold in winter. The leather premium interior is one of my biggest regrets in my car. If I could have cloth Recaros and the navigation stereo that would be perfection.

kingnut

Established Member
Cloth will grip you better in turns and not be hot in summer and cold in winter. The leather premium interior is one of my biggest regrets in my car. If I could have cloth Recaros and the navigation stereo that would be perfection.

yeah it sucks you cant have navi in a base. i also forgot if i get a base i will lose the track apps and 4.2" screen... not that i even really use it but it make the car seem like a newer and more expensive car with it there.

ViciousJay

Established Member

same, i tend to get a wedgy the second i sit down, i hate it but the recaros are the by far the best thing i got in this car, even better then the brembos. To the guys with leather recaros just remember that 4K can be turned around for 4k as well. They didnt make many leather recaro cars ;-)

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Not a bad Idea. Order with leathers sell them or trade for cloths.

SicShelby09

Banned
As cheap as the 5.0 interior is, the base cloth interior is even cheaper looking. Its not the cloth, but the dash and base radio that kills it. Plus you loose all the fhrome accents around the interior and they do change the look for the better. The premium dash sells that package, and now with the track apps and that cool display, you would be a fool to skip it. Get the premium brembo car with recaros and skip the track pack.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I sat in both. The Recaros are DAMN comfy seats! But I would definitely choose the cloth over the leather. Since you can't get them in a cooled function, so summer will absolutely suck. I would've gotten Recaros if they offered them in the stone cloth material...

alex12gt

Established Member
As cheap as the 5.0 interior is, the base cloth interior is even cheaper looking. Its not the cloth, but the dash and base radio that kills it. Plus you loose all the fhrome accents around the interior and they do change the look for the better. The premium dash sells that package, and now with the track apps and that cool display, you would be a fool to skip it. Get the premium brembo car with recaros and skip the track pack.

1.there is no difference in the radio between models
2.my base had the chrome trim rings there are just a few things you dont get
such as chrome door handles (i paint all my chrome black anyway as i hate chrome)

3. i like my base dash better then the premium i had its more subtle

i had a 2011 premium and now have a 2012 base and for the 4k i saved my base works just fine for me and the leather is kind of shity anyway

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
It's a shame they don't do them in leather side bolsters and cloth mid section.

And yes I could definitely do without the chrome interior trim. I like the matte silver stuff in the GT500 much better.

ViciousJay

Established Member
It's a shame they don't do them in leather side bolsters and cloth mid section.

And yes I could definitely do without the chrome interior trim. I like the matte silver stuff in the GT500 much better.

i would have preferred the suede insert and leather outside

87hatchy

Established Member
I have the cloth recaros and absolutely LOVE them. IMO, leather just doesn't look right on a "racing" seat like the recaros. Just looks goofy and wrong.

The base GT interior for 13 is excellent. leather steering wheel is standard. Nice and clean looking, doesn't have all the bling bling, chrome this, neon light that bs that the premium has. Sure, the track apps and screen are cool cause they're new, but I don't care much for them and I guarantee in a few years (months hopefully) when people start wrecking these cars and parting them out someone will figure out how to swap the LCD cluster into a base GT. Its probably plug and play.

Last edited:

kosovobandit

Established Member
Check the boss section for Recaros. There was a post about the cloth Recaros not holding up around the wallet area. Cars had low mileage and showing wear already.

T.Bone

Established Member
I have driven both and like others have said already, the cloth hold you in the seat better.

My car has the leather Recaro's and I really like them and I do drive it pretty sprited in turns at times and have no problems with sliding in them, the bolsters hold me in fine. But haven't had it on a track yet. I think this is were the cloth would be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

SicShelby09

Banned
1.there is no difference in the radio between models
2.my base had the chrome trim rings there are just a few things you dont get
such as chrome door handles (i paint all my chrome black anyway as i hate chrome)

3. i like my base dash better then the premium i had its more subtle

i had a 2011 premium and now have a 2012 base and for the 4k i saved my base works just fine for me and the leather is kind of shity anyway

Huh?? No difference? Ever heard of sync?? Not to mention the base speakers blow. The premium gets a better system. This is not talking about the nav stereo either. Better check your facts.

vortecd

Established Member
I agree the base stereo system sucks. That was about the only thing I wanted over the base so I couldn't see spending $4,000 just to get the better stereo. I was happy with the 460 mach in my '01 Bullitt.

I love my cloth Recaro's, but I have never liked leather interior.

acrbill

Established Member
My manual 2011 was a base model and I traded it for a premium 2011 auto. This is my first leather car and I don't think I can ever go back to cloth. The fact that the seats are heated is a nice little bonus.

flS/R

Established Member
I just traded out my leather seats for cloth. I miss the leather look but I don't miss sliding around in the seat in the twisties.

A trade like this should not be too hard to find takers for if you do it

Users who are viewing this thread