2013 GT cloth recaros vs leather recaros

zemog255

Established Member
I had a base 12 and now a premium 13 leather Recaros and brembo's. Much happier with the premium. I like all the added stuff over the base.I enjoy all of the options the premium has and its worth it to me. If its a strictly track car then i would stay with a base or if thats your primary goal.

Everyone that has been in the car loves the leather Recaros thats usually one of their first comments. I'm sure cloth will be better for track performance but I like leather. I would have bought the car with cloth or leather Recaros with that said. My only complaint abouth them is you can't get the Recaro's with power seats. Not a huge deal but with all the options the car has you would think they could have figured out a way to make that work.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
OP if you sat in the leathers and liked them go with those. Rims and tires can come later. Leather recaros are going to be very hard to come by if you decide against them now and want them later.

alex12gt

Established Member
Huh?? No difference? Ever heard of sync?? Not to mention the base speakers blow. The premium gets a better system. This is not talking about the nav stereo either. Better check your facts.

Misunderstood and thought you were talking about the actual radio itself.......no it doesnt have sync....never used it in my 11 and the base speakers are the same just without the door wolfers i swapped to infinity kappas upfront and build my own sub box for the back......so ive got 300 in my system.....its more clean sounding then the premium

So $3700 extra.....the only thing i miss is my color gauge's and i wish someone would just try the swap already!

lancealot829

So the overall consensus here is that people should buy a base and upgrade sound system and seats on their own? What all are really getting with $4000 you spend for premium? I know you get leather seats, shaker 500, LCD display and the My Color deal. Is that it?

alex12gt

Established Member
So the overall consensus here is that people should buy a base and upgrade sound system and seats on their own? What all are really getting with $4000 you spend for premium? I know you get leather seats, shaker 500, LCD display and the My Color deal. Is that it?

Its really all in what your after.......i was gona change the radio anyway and wasn't impressed with the leather and am planing to upgrade the seats so for me yeah the base was a better choice

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i would of liked to get the Recaros but i didnt wanna have to have built since there were no base cars with Recaros in norcal at the time

87hatchy

Established Member

There's some other things as well. Ambient lighting, chrome door handles, chrome speaker surrounds, slightly fancier door panels, universal garage door opener, I think sync is standard on premium as well. Might also be 1 or 2 more small things.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Are the Leather Recaros available for slae for those of us that want a set after purchase of the car!? Sure they are pricey!
I have only seen the cloth ones for sale.....at $2k

I guess the thing to do is find someone who does not want them in a new car and get them to purchase them and swap out my stock non-recaro seats for thier leather recaros!?

Last edited:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I've only seen the cloth too. They also have the trashy looking Ford Racing logo on them. That screams ebay/ricer mod.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Are the Leather Recaros available for slae for those of us that want a set after purchase of the car!? Sure they are pricey!
I have only seen the cloth ones for sale.....at $2k

I guess the thing to do is find someone who does not want them in a new car and get them to purchase them and swap out my stock non-recaro seats for thier leather recaros!?

i think they are a order only item, i see cloth ones everywhere but never have i seen the leather up... and if 4k you mean for pricey well heck yea they are, i saw a guy bring his car in for a bad stitch on his and it was like 3K for one seat for warranty, i bout crapped myself when i heard that

kingnut

Established Member
I've only seen the cloth too. They also have the trashy looking Ford Racing logo on them. That screams ebay/ricer mod.

I thought they said "recaro" on them? Ford racing really who would want that.

87hatchy

Established Member

Not the ones from the factory....only the ones you buy through ford racing. I have a base GT. It says Recaro on the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread