2013 gt looking at hellion turbo need some ? answered

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
ive got a 13' gt premium that i dd, 6 speed automatic with 4k miles on it. only mods are a pypes super system catback. im looking to make this my project/weekend car and just dd my vette. i know i want FI and right now im looking at the hellion twin turbo or a DIFFERENT BRAND single kit over a tvs blower. main 2 questions are 1. how much boost/power can the stock 5.0 block handle and since im new to FI i know a supercharger and an automatic are fine but what about a turbo setup? thinking i wouldnt get the most out of if even though its a tiptronic. ( dont ask i got the auto because i planned on just keeping it a dd and i wasnt planning on racing it seriously. its just easier overall) thanks for the input. if it turns out the hellion turbo isnt really going to work great ( which i hope it does) id probably have to just go tvs twin screw.

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
You're looking at the Hellion SINGLE kit? Really? You must be new here, lol

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
You're looking at the Hellion SINGLE kit? Really? You must be new here, lol

maybe i should clarify. the hellion twin kit or another different brand single kit. i may have signed up for svtp last year ( a few short months after you btw) but im no idiot there bud. kinda came off like an ass in your post.

Don't even consider the hellion single kit.

thanks but im aware. at least you wernt like the guy above you lol.

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
maybe i should clarify. the hellion twin kit or another different brand single kit. i may have signed up for svtp last year ( a few short months after you btw) but im no idiot there bud. kinda came off like an ass in your post.

thanks but im aware. at least you wernt like the guy above you lol.

LOL, I was just joking with you man. Didn't even look to see when you signed up. Their twin kit looks pretty good though.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
lolz :lol:

but really, dont get the hellion single.

oh and you are welcome for all of us saving you from spending money on that kit.

lol ppl read the whole thread!

ill edit the first post but im looking at a hellion twin kit and a other brand single kit, not a hellion single. i said a few posts above lol.

LOL, I was just joking with you man. Didn't even look to see when you signed up. Their twin kit looks pretty good though.

its ok. some ppl on here jump at the first chance to flame lol so you never know. i guess could have worded it better in first post

Last edited:

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Go pick up the November issue of 5.0 magazine and add the Lund Racing/ PBH kit to your consideration. It was a 10sec auto that has full interior and drives like stock when it had the stock motor.I can pick up a leftover 13 next year and add that kit.

scotmach

Established Member
is this so? hmm seems odd i always thought the manual was better giving you more control over the boost levels so to say.

Actually the choice of going with the auto was very smart. And if a turbo kit is in your future then turbos and autos go together like peanut butter and jelly.:rolling:

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
Actually the choice of going with the auto was very smart. And if a turbo kit is in your future then turbos and autos go together like peanut butter and jelly.:rolling:

hm. i enjoy the auto and i know that stock vs stock the manual is faster ( at least in past this always run true) whereas above a certain hp level the auto becomes better due to stronger tranny and its more consistent. (never miss a shift lol) i guess this stang is better cut out for a turbo than i thought. ive had roots and twin screw cars before but never liked how the power was all done very quickly down low, and seemed boring up top. figured id try turbo for a chance and go big with twins cuz i know once i go with one ill prob fall in low with the setup and want more. at least with the twins i can keep the boost low until the motor is ready for more, plus theres more room to grow.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
the auto is actually faster and stronger in these cars. beefcake is pushing 1003hp to the wheel with a stock auto (someone correct me if im wrong) and a circle d converter

i did see that the auto was faster in the new 5.0, just every time someone mentions it ppl get butthurt. although we can all agree the manual is more fun id rather have an auto once i start pushing higher hp and racing it.

well looks like ill do what i figured i would anyway. the hellion twin kit and keep the boost low for now.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
6psi should put you in the 600+hp range

that will be plenty fine for me now. just noticed says your in jax fl, lol so am i. im navy over at nas jax. maybe youve seen my 13 rolling around ill post a pic. what do you drive ive prob seen it before been in jax for over 6 years now.
usnfenix

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread