2013 GT Vert Vs. 2012 GT500

joe12289

Established Member
so my Coworker Just bought a 2012 gt500 and i've been dying to race one to test out the roush supercharger on my car. anyway. everytime i want to race him something comes up. NOt this time. I waited for him after work!! I didn't have to say anything he already knew. before he left the parking lot i pulled up behind him. he made sure no traffic came on the feeder. Pulled up next to him. From a 10... WE ARE OFF!!! we both are fighting for traction. I banged into 2nd caught traction.... A second To late!! his huge 285 eagle 1 tires caught and he was off. I was determind to catch him. banged it into 3rd. and saw very little improvement. Its was futile!! So i let off. But i was still wanting more!! I followed him. he pulled into a gas station. He said his Range gauge went from 55 to 15 miles in that one run. lol we agreed that we would do a Highway Pull after he put gas. My chance to redeem myself. I thought to myself. ON paper I have more Hp.Flywheel because I haven't dynoed my car yet. Well anyway. We get on the freeway.... and we are ready 60 launch in 3rd. On the third Honk I hit it!!! I soon as i hit i start pulling on him. I easly gained 1.5 cars on him when we hit 110. we tried again. same result. He pulls up to me and asked what gear i was launching I said 3rd. He like **** no wonder.He was launching in 4th okay again. so we bust a U turn and get back on the freeway. 60 roll again. 1.....2....3.... Hit it!! This time we were alot closer. As I reach the top of 3rd I have about half a car on him Then hit into 4th we hit about 120 Looked had about 1-2 cars on him. we did that about 3 more times then we called it a night.

DuDE i was pumped. Ive always wanted to race one. Now it reasures me about my Supercharger purchase.:rockon:I can't wait to install Roush phase 3 On my stang. Rated at 675 Flywheel Hp!!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Nice Run, was his shelby stock? the 5.0s with blowers on them are strong runners. And was his shelby the PP package with skinny stripes or the regular fat stripes?

joe12289

Established Member
Nice Run, was his shelby stock? the 5.0s with blowers on them are strong runners. And was his shelby the PP package with skinny stripes or the regular fat stripes?

His shebly has the strip delete. All black Gt500. Yea his Shebly is stock. I know with small amounts of upgrades he would eat me alive.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm surprised you didn't rape him. What tune are you running, stock Roush tune? Roush TVS GT's are usually good for a solid 125+ mph, and no way a stock 2012 is running near that.

joe12289

Established Member
Nice run. So what r the specs on your car as it sits now?

Thanks The specs on my Stang is 13 GT Vert 6spd Manual With Roush Phase 1 Supercharger Kit w/Roush Tune. Rated @575 Flywheel Hp

I'm surprised you didn't rape him. What tune are you running, stock Roush tune? Roush TVS GT's are usually good for a solid 125+ mph, and no way a stock 2012 is running near that.

You are Right. This Beast will hit 150 easily. Just didn't wanna go that fast when there was traffic around.

"Hey what's phase 2?" :shrug:

I currently Have Phase 1 install with is pretty much the supercharger, Injectors, Fuel Rails, and a Roush Tune. PHase to I believe is the The CAI and a little more agressive tune 625ho. Phase 3 Is B.A.P. smaller pulley and another tune which is rated at 675Hp

Nice runs op, sounds like a good time. Is the GT500 going to get some mods and come back for revenge?

It was a blast dude! He is complaining about lots of wheel hop. So he is going to upgrade control arms and Get a Panhard bar.

clc44

Established Member
Op, he meant trap 125 plus in the quarter mile. So you're only making about 500 at the wheels, when it gets turned up and you are making 600 plus, it'll be a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread