2013 GT500 could be sold overseas!!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Thats because they dont want any pro drivers running the ring in the oem zl1. Can you imagine the backlash if sport auto only runs a .57 with the zl1?:shrug:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Thats because they dont want any pro drivers running the ring in the oem zl1. Can you imagine the backlash if sport auto only runs a .57 with the zl1?:shrug:
Yes, it would be devastating to their case. It will take a real private company or club to run a full lap at Nurburgring. "Track days" are only available to clubs and private companies, it is about $1000 a day and is the only way to get a full lap. Tourist days cut out about a 1km on the 3km stretch at gate C and, there is a speed limit and an overwhelming amount of traffic. My first lap in the 5.0 was over 15 minutes (timed by the LED display) and that wasn't even a full lap. Lots of traffic on a tourist day (especially the weekend) and that is $30 dollars a lap.

Nurburgring is currently in a lot of financial trouble, it will be difficult to run track days this year...

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Would be cool if they did, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of hard evidence saying they actually will. The next gen I'll bet is sold globally.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The more Domestic Manufacturers sending products over seas the better!

I think if Ford does this, it will be extremely profitable.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Would be cool if they did, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of hard evidence saying they actually will. The next gen I'll bet is sold globally.
I believe it would be difficult to sell an SVT vehicle overseas out of Ford Europe. It depends on the real relationship between SVT and RS of Europe. If it truly is a Global Performance brand, then SVT cars could be sold out of RS dealers in Europe... Not sure about China and other locations.

The cost to the customer overseas would be MUCH larger than at home.... Do onto others.....

Last edited:

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
I'm sure there are quite a few in OZ just biting at the bit to get hold of one from a dealer, and not have to pay even more privately importing one.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
if they don't sell this thing in the UAE, they're out of their minds. those rich bastards will throw their money away on ANYTHING LOL

Users who are viewing this thread