2013 GT500 mini-review/Video

outlw

Established Member
great review..

can I add something that I notice on mine?

I like the steering wheel however I dont like the toggle pad on the left side of the steering wheel. the arrow on the pad switch the one closest to the steering wheel center seems hard to work when you are moving.. jmo,

I ordered the rear cargo liner from Ford and got it.. nice piece part with subwofer is AR3Z-6111600-BA

This will work ..

jtfx6552

Established Member
great review..

can I add something that I notice on mine?

I like the steering wheel however I dont like the toggle pad on the left side of the steering wheel. the arrow on the pad switch the one closest to the steering wheel center seems hard to work when you are moving.. jmo,

I ordered the rear cargo liner from Ford and got it.. nice piece part with subwofer is AR3Z-6111600-BA

This will work ..

Did you get the shaker pro?

And Nav, and Track pack? If so, can you get the car weighed...Im really curious if I will take a noticeable drag strip hit because I went with all the goodies...

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Will get legit pics later. Need to wash car. Will probably be able to say that every day.

522196_3176112362977_1270620467_32156126_90321036_n.jpg

:rockon:

2013SnakeBite

Established Member
Honestly, the power is already there. I think this car is already fast enough that you could never change the engine and most people would have way more than enough to entertain them. I guess it really depends on what you're going to do with it.

If the car will get criticized by magazines, it will be because it's too civilized. It's extremely quiet on the inside when driving normal. Even when driving hard, with the windows up, it's not like a sonic explosion is going on. My advice is if you think the car doesn't feel crazy enough, throw an exhaust on it. That will help reconcile what the car is doing and what you think it's doing.

You can see from the LC in the vid that you don't exactly need a drag tire unless you're some big time street racer, of which I am not. Unless you're racing guys with AWD, not much goes 0-60 in the 3s, and no matter what you do with this thing it's going 0-60 in the low 4s or better. I didn't realize you can just leave the LC on all the time. That's pretty funny.

The only thing I would change would be to lower it. And I'm going to clear bra the front as soon as I get the chance. I'll probably end up getting a set of DRs for it to try out at the track. Otherwise, it's good.

DBK:
Awesome car and color (my choice, too)! Congratulations on your new ride and love!! Enjoy for years to come..........

May I ask your further opinion on one thing.......the Recaro seats. Ordered my 2013 back in March. I am a pretty good size guy (6'0, 260 lbs.) and am concerned the Recaro seats might be a bit too snug for me and less comfortable than the standard seats. I have ordered the standard seats but think I would love the firmness and look of the Recaros. I have time to change my mind according to the dealer. :??:
Wondering what you might think based upon your own seats and first impressions? I'm OK with the standard seats, but think I might regret later not springing for the Recaros also. Just not sure.
Trust your opinion! Any quick thoughts? THANKS!! :bowdown: :??::banana:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I like the steering wheel however I dont like the toggle pad on the left side of the steering wheel. the arrow on the pad switch the one closest to the steering wheel center seems hard to work when you are moving.. jmo,.

I noticed that sometimes when trying to hit right it goes up.

May I ask your further opinion on one thing.......the Recaro seats. Ordered my 2013 back in March. I am a pretty good size guy (6'0, 260 lbs.) and am concerned the Recaro seats might be a bit too snug for me and less comfortable than the standard seats. I have ordered the standard seats but think I would love the firmness and look of the Recaros.

Man, I really can't say because I'm only 5'10 ~170. I'd hate to be off on that recommendation. I did have a buddy of mine in the car that was 5'9 ~210 and he had no complaints.

peteypab2133

Established Member
The only thing I would change would be to lower it.

How do you suspect you will be able to do it? If you have the SVTPP will springs just lower it and the adjustable shocks still supply the 3 suspension settings?

And also do you have any info if the COULD be lowered without consequence to the adjustable suspension?

BrettR

Established Member
DBK:
Awesome car and color (my choice, too)! Congratulations on your new ride and love!! Enjoy for years to come..........

May I ask your further opinion on one thing.......the Recaro seats. Ordered my 2013 back in March. I am a pretty good size guy (6'0, 260 lbs.) and am concerned the Recaro seats might be a bit too snug for me and less comfortable than the standard seats. I have ordered the standard seats but think I would love the firmness and look of the Recaros. I have time to change my mind according to the dealer. :??:
Wondering what you might think based upon your own seats and first impressions? I'm OK with the standard seats, but think I might regret later not springing for the Recaros also. Just not sure.
Trust your opinion! Any quick thoughts? THANKS!! :bowdown: :??::banana:

Wish I would have got the Recaros when i ordered i didn't think i would want them because I will probably be driving her all the time but now that she's built its to late. Oh well. If you end up getting them and don't like them I would probably trade you. Just a thought

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
So you have a '13 GT500, turbo FGT AND a LAMBO convertible? I HATE YOU DBK! Lol so is that turbo'd too?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
great review and AWESOME video dave!!! as a total wannabe videographer:)lol1:), i think you did a DAMN good job on it! the angles, the action, the music, the editing & mixing, spot on:thumbsup:

Now onto the video! wow man, great editing! I recognize the song from prometheus...what software do you use for editing? would love to get into that to make my own video....great burnout, saw the speedo around 155 quick and exhaust is amazing!!!! :beer: :rockon: :pepper:
i'm not sure what he's using, but i use sony vegas 11 and it's far and away the best vid editing program i've used. pretty straight forward(though a LOT to learn, as with any other basically professional level software), powerful editor, lots of quality effects(not that cheesy amateur looking crap), and a lot of file output options as well. vegas movie studio HD will pretty much do everything you need, while vegas pro is essentially the same program(same rendering engine, same layout, etc.) except with some features that an amateur videographer doesn't need and more than likely wouldn't use anyways. and movie studio HD is a couple hundred bones cheaper than vegas pro as well, LOL.

How do you suspect you will be able to do it? If you have the SVTPP will springs just lower it and the adjustable shocks still supply the 3 suspension settings?

And also do you have any info if the COULD be lowered without consequence to the adjustable suspension?
really shouldn't be a problem since shocks aren't position sensitive(i don't believe). of course, you will be losing a little up travel.

So you have a '13 GT500, turbo FGT AND a LAMBO convertible? I HATE YOU DBK! Lol so is that turbo'd too?
not "just" a lambo, but an LP570-4 performante(roadster version of the superleggera)!

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
That Lambo isn't mine. I'm just babysitting it long term for someone that doesn't have the garage space. That doesn't mean I can't take pictures of it and pretend. :-D

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
So which car feels faster: your 2013 shelby or Ford GT?

BTW: my favorite car of all time would have to be the ford gt, beautiful car man

Users who are viewing this thread