2013 GT500 mini-review/Video

bpmurr

Established Member
Nice review and video! Thanks! Makes me look forward to getting one when the market softens.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Great write-up and killer vid. Now I know who the private owner was of that Livernois GT500 dyno vid. :rockon:

Now I need to go sell a few organs so I can get one too.:banana:

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Nice review and a GREAT VIDEO ! Man I always wanted a Ford GT. I understood your write up though, as I have lurked around some GT's. Wow Ford SVT team hit a home run with this car. In all honesty, what do you really need to change ? Of course tune, pulley perhaps..CAI filter....but exhaust ? Shifter ? ??? Tire ???

KsE

Established Member
Awesome video dude! Please tell me u got some videos of your modded GT!!!

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Honestly, the power is already there. I think this car is already fast enough that you could never change the engine and most people would have way more than enough to entertain them. I guess it really depends on what you're going to do with it.

If the car will get criticized by magazines, it will be because it's too civilized. It's extremely quiet on the inside when driving normal. Even when driving hard, with the windows up, it's not like a sonic explosion is going on. My advice is if you think the car doesn't feel crazy enough, throw an exhaust on it. That will help reconcile what the car is doing and what you think it's doing.

You can see from the LC in the vid that you don't exactly need a drag tire unless you're some big time street racer, of which I am not. Unless you're racing guys with AWD, not much goes 0-60 in the 3s, and no matter what you do with this thing it's going 0-60 in the low 4s or better. I didn't realize you can just leave the LC on all the time. That's pretty funny.

The only thing I would change would be to lower it. And I'm going to clear bra the front as soon as I get the chance. I'll probably end up getting a set of DRs for it to try out at the track. Otherwise, it's good.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Great post and Video, I like the Black color, especially with all of the cladding on the rear. I keep looking at the 3.31 gears and the looong over-drive and keep thinking 3.55's would be about perfect. Then again, I haven't driven one yet let alone own it. [Lucky guy!!] Can you post the Dyno sheet, hopefully with Rwhp, Tq, Boost A/F, and Rpm's. How far did you run it out for max power and Tq. Thanx for sharing your in-sight....

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Excellent video and write-up.

It is amazing that you have only had your car for a few days.

How much tread did you peel off of the tires, in that burnout??

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Will get legit pics later. Need to wash car. Will probably be able to say that every day.

522196_3176112362977_1270620467_32156126_90321036_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread