2013 GT500 TVS supercharger

blacknblown11

Established Member
If one chose to do so, couldn't you just use the stock tune on the 2011? Wouldn't it be still good for all the additional airflow since it has a built-in wideband? Wouldn't the MAF sensor be able to read the extra air?

Last edited:

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
really??? the rotors are identical - eaton supplies them to everyone that uses a TVS. the interior of the case(that the rotors are in) is identical. the bearings are the same. the outlet is nearly the same. and the inlet is MUCH larger than any other TVS except for the VMP blower, which it's still larger than. there is no "testing" needed, it's already a proven supercharger. the only real change that was made was the inlet being made MUCH larger. unless you think that could in some way hurt the performance of the blower:dw:

I am not saying it wont bolt on and make some more power...merely stating that for 2+K, I would like to know what I can expect first. For the money if it is 600rwhp on a reasonable tune, bolt on for a 11 or 12, then certainly many people would have to consider this set up. Until I see some results, thats not going to be me. So yes, there is testing still needed and also some tunes created.

04svtsnke

Established Member
really??? the rotors are identical - eaton supplies them to everyone that uses a TVS. the interior of the case(that the rotors are in) is identical. the bearings are the same. the outlet is nearly the same. and the inlet is MUCH larger than any other TVS except for the VMP blower, which it's still larger than. there is no "testing" needed, it's already a proven supercharger. the only real change that was made was the inlet being made MUCH larger. unless you think that could in some way hurt the performance of the blower:dw:

the hood hasn't changed on the '13.
it should be exactly the same size as every other 2.3l TVS available(including the FRPP piece) except for the inlet/elbow area.

ford is buying a metric shit ton of these TVS superchargers for the production cars and for stock replacement pieces. cheaper unit price from buying in bulk equals a cheaper price for the customer. no 'smoke & mirrors' here.
There's no arguing with you there and I made this assessment a while ago when I knew the '13 gt500 was coming with a tvs. I basically was trying to get the guy to understand what you've just said. The blower is EXACTLY the same as all the other tvs's for the gt500's except the inlet is much larger. Anyone that knows anything about positive displacement blowers knows the least amount of inlet restriction the better. This blower will be a win/win. Ford really did hit the nail this time. I hope to get one either new or used early next year. It'd be nice to get one for 1200-1500 used.

c6vette

Established Member
I'm waiting impatiently to hear from someone that's received one... :rolling:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I know that NVRL8 has received his. My concern, what to do with the elbow, and the evap differences? Can us 07-09 guys just buy the evap and use that as the correct part, or do we have add a line in?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
add me to the 2013 TVS club. :banana::dancenana: Only bad thing back ordered to early July.:cuss: But it's too hot here to race anyway.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Looks like the new OEM TVS is starting to hurt VMP TVS sales. Everyone is posting, "Just bought an OEM TVS. Can't wait to install it."

I know that NVRL8 has received his. My concern, what to do with the elbow, and the evap differences? Can us 07-09 guys just buy the evap and use that as the correct part, or do we have add a line in?

If I were using the new 2013 elbow on a 2007-2010 car, I would buy the sensor that fits the port and hollow it out for maximum flow, eliminating electronic control. In the future, look for an aftermarket solution.

Obviously, this will be a direct swap for 2011-2012 cars.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That's a big price difference...TVS + carbon fiber driveshaft....glad I've been too busy to get a blower yet....procrastination is a money saver :)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That's a big price difference...TVS + carbon fiber driveshaft....glad I've been too busy to get a blower yet....procrastination is a money saver :)

I'm also looking at the carbon fiber driveshaft from VMP. With that and the blower I'm still gonna be a couple of hundred less than the VMP TVS.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Looks like the new OEM TVS is starting to hurt VMP TVS sales. Everyone is posting, "Just bought an OEM TVS. Can't wait to install it."

If I were using the new 2013 elbow on a 2007-2010 car, I would buy the sensor that fits the port and hollow it out for maximum flow, eliminating electronic control. In the future, look for an aftermarket solution.

Obviously, this will be a direct swap for 2011-2012 cars.

Who tuned your car? You're not that far from me, just not sure about any tuners around me.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Once people start rolling in numbers, the sales may be hit even more. Right now on paper it looks as if the new tvs is the hot ticket but once those that are skeptical see the gains, it's all over.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Once people start rolling in numbers, the sales may be hit even more. Right now on paper it looks as if the new tvs is the hot ticket but once those that are skeptical see the gains, it's all over.

According to Tousley, they're expecting Ford to raise the price since they are selling so well.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I cant wait to see what VMP is working on. :) I cant remember if it was on SVTP but they did say they are working on some other TVS projects.

Users who are viewing this thread