2013 GT500 vs. 600rwhp CTS-V

sleepyv

Banned
Hey guys.

The V is mine. It put down 606rwhp on conservative 87 octane tune. The GT500 is bone stock. He came asking for the race. We both had a passenger in the car.

The first vid you see is much closer because he kept wanting low rolls... His new tires vs my pos tires = massive traction issues for me. The last two vids are from a higher roll and you can see when I could straight hook I pulled hard.

He is going to get a Lund tune and wants a re run. I have a conservative race gas tune which put down 648rwhp at only 22.5° which I will run him on when he comes back tuned. Car has lots of room for improvement on VP and I have a 100 shot on the way so should be fun once GT500 owner decides to bolt on/pulley.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Gt500 needs driver mod

Sent from my office in the Bureau using my iJesusPhone

sleepyv

Banned
Sick car man, I'd be looking at you like :dw: if i were at a gas station and saw you fueling up with 87.

I'd just look at you with a troll face :bored:

:lol::):p

Here's a dyno sheet btw

jhr992.jpg

Last edited:

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
The GT500 would have probably been hurt even more if the V were a manual. They suck (compared to the auto) for drag racing, but they're faster for roll racing.

SVTSR

Established Member
Hey guys.

The V is mine. It put down 606rwhp on conservative 87 octane tune. The GT500 is bone stock. He came asking for the race. We both had a passenger in the car.

The first vid you see is much closer because he kept wanting low rolls... His new tires vs my pos tires = massive traction issues for me. The last two vids are from a higher roll and you can see when I could straight hook I pulled hard.

He is going to get a Lund tune and wants a re run. I have a conservative race gas tune which put down 648rwhp at only 22.5° which I will run him on when he comes back tuned. Car has lots of room for improvement on VP and I have a 100 shot on the way so should be fun once GT500 owner decides to bolt on/pulley.

Can you give us a run down of the mod list on your V?

sleepyv

Banned
Can you give us a run down of the mod list on your V?

Ported blower, snout and TB.
2.5 pulley, lpe 10 bolt hub, and isolator
Supercharger seal and all those accessories
Stage II blower cam with accessories *zr1 like cam can't remember exact specs and can't find the damn paper*
Pushrods, valve springs, tensioners, check oil pan etc etc
LS3 timing chain
Timing sprockets
Dyno tune
ID850s
160 Thermo
Custom airflow directors
Catch cans
Alky Meth
Intercooler spacing custom
Heat exchanger to intercooler (like an ice chest)
Custom 4" CAI
2" headers hi flow cats
BR7 spark plugs
Tint whole car, black grill and wheel spacers.
AFR gauge custom center console
expansion tank

Car has some amazing Formato mods for good quality air. Car never heat soaks literally. It's amazing. When I told Jeremy to build my car I told him I wanted a very very reliable sleeper car so instead of throwing tons of boost and power we decided to throw only 11psi at it and make sure the air going in was cool and of quality. There's lots of custom stuff you can't see that make this car freaking awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread