2013 gt500

rdsnk46

Established Member
So now that the 2012's are being ordered, what info does everyone have on the 2013? I know the speculation on a possible 351 5.8 liter w/TVS S/C....

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm curious to know about the body design, if it's going to change? Will they put wider factory wheels? 351/5.8?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Well wouldn't they have to change te design to fit something wide? Atleast remove the bumpstop bracket.

Are you talking like 10.5-11" wide or like 12

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Forget about the 2013 what about the 2020 speacial addition hover converted cobra R!!!!

Good lord do we need a new thread every 2/3 weeks discussing what is coming down the pipe line next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and the next year?!?!

But hey why not feed the fire. I knew this guy, you knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guys cousin said;

2013 is getting redesigned facia with slightly revised spliter, redesigned rear bumper so that it doesn't look like a full black plastic dirty diaper, 295 20" wheels and a TVS blower to weigh in within 25# of current car and pack 590-600HP.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
You will not get a street S197 blown car anywhere near 3,000lbs. My CJ comes in at 3,300lbs with me in it and 100# of movable weight. The Fox cars weighed anywhere between 2800-3150 and they do not have near the safety, electronics, or quality materials the consumer demands right now and will only increase. There isn't much of market for a full composite/exotic material near 6 digit mustang. I think 60k+ mustangs are getting way out of hand but times are a changing. I don't want to see the mustang much more upscale then they already are in a Straight from ford item. I love my pony car cheap to buy and even cheaper to personalize.

Last edited:

AlCaPwn

Established Member
The "full black plastic dirty daiper" comment actually made me laugh out loud. I agree that we do not need uber expensive Mustangs. I too like to buy em inexpensively and mod em the same way. It is our "niche", always has been, and makes the Mustang what it is.

Snake500

Chelo
Established Member
images

rdsnk46

Established Member
Forget about the 2013 what about the 2020 speacial addition hover converted cobra R!!!!

Good lord do we need a new thread every 2/3 weeks discussing what is coming down the pipe line next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and then the next year and the next year?!?!

But hey why not feed the fire. I knew this guy, you knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guys cousin said;

2013 is getting redesigned facia with slightly revised spliter, redesigned rear bumper so that it doesn't look like a full black plastic dirty diaper, 295 20" wheels and a TVS blower to weigh in within 25# of current car and pack 590-600HP.
Sorry you dont like my thread or my question. I dont like your reply so we are even. Thank you and thanks for you rant. :shrug:

AlCaPwn

Established Member
I wonder if this is going to be the same cycle as the 60s, 70s, and 80s? Bigger, faster cars each year and then, BAM, econo-cars and no more new high hp muscle to be seen. Makes you wanna find the one for you and stick with it and see what happens.

Jorday

Established Member
The "full black plastic dirty daiper" comment actually made me laugh out loud.

+1, that was funny.

I'm trying not to get caught up in the next best thing game, but man some of these possible changes definitely have my attention.

AlCaPwn

Established Member
+1, that was funny.

I'm trying not to get caught up in the next best thing game, but man some of these possible changes definitely have my attention.

Yeah, me too. I am not trading or selling mine, but ya gotta respect what they are planning.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
So now that the 2012's are being ordered, what info does everyone have on the 2013? I know the speculation on a possible 351 5.8 liter w/TVS S/C....

I would think that the TVS is probably assured, no matter the powerplant.
But if they were to change engines altogether, they would probably do that in the redesign year (2014) IDK :shrug:

chuckstang

Established Member
you guys are out of your mind if you think the 5.4 is not going to be in the 2013 gt500.

Itll be the same 5.4 al block but with a TVS

Users who are viewing this thread