2013 gt500

redline

Established Member
images

that has 351 boss written all over it

chuckstang

Established Member
Hey Chuck, you rolling with an SHO yet

Funny you mention, I was at the dealer over the weekend drooling over the new Stangs :bash:

The thing is I want one car and one car only (unless I can pay cash for say an older Mustang, cough 03/04 Cobra cough), and while I want a rear drive Mustang, I just don't think a rwd v8 Mustang will fit the bill up north :shrug:

I liked the SHO, looked at a black one for $30k in my area but Im taking it real slow, enjoying no car payment right now lol. The mazda 6 Im stuck driving now is paid off but boy what a turd haha

Agh, it is killing me not having the GT500 right now.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I wish I could find the article,but back when the 1st new 2010+ body style came out, back in 2009 they had an article about the future of the mustang and they said the next redesign they would be getting rid of the "RETRO" theme to ditch for a sub 3,000lb car, they would prob drop 200lbs off the current style and the v6 and gt 5.0 would be in the car and 2nd run of the motors would bump the hp from 305hp to 320-350hp range for the v6 and up the gt to 425hp and the boss would stay or a new boss 351, and then a tvs supercharged cobra or shelby, there was also talk of the ecoboost option a few times aswell, so we will see, If I went back in 2009 my prediction came right so I will say I hope it comes true again. I was predicting the 5.0 400hp for the gt and 300hp v6 years back and I got called a moron on this site saying ford cant get 400hp n/a out of 5.0 liters well they did it and 300hp n/a v6 :)

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Funny you mention, I was at the dealer over the weekend drooling over the new Stangs :bash:

The thing is I want one car and one car only (unless I can pay cash for say an older Mustang, cough 03/04 Cobra cough), and while I want a rear drive Mustang, I just don't think a rwd v8 Mustang will fit the bill up north :shrug:

I liked the SHO, looked at a black one for $30k in my area but Im taking it real slow, enjoying no car payment right now lol. The mazda 6 Im stuck driving now is paid off but boy what a turd haha

Agh, it is killing me not having the GT500 right now.

The SHO is a great winter car up north. Picked mine up with 18K miles fully loaded for 31K. The tech in it is amazing. But, not in the same league as a Mustang performance wise. We'll see how it feels with a Livernois tune soon!

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
As a possible prelude to the 2013 coming with the TVS blower, FRPP has substantially cut pricing on the 2.3L units and kits. It's almost as if they ordered a large amount fo blowers and got much better pricing for it. You can pick up the blower only for 2700 form Toulsey.
Now we just have to see if the block rumors pan out. With the new tech, it sure would not be that hard to machine the bore out the requisite amount before applying the spray on liners. I think it would be a good thing, since it would make it much cheaper to step up to an Aluminum 351 in the future.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I was going to do this no matter what if I fry my stock block. MMR has some great prices.

True, but the sleeving process is the costly part. If Ford offers the 351 cost we be nearly the same as a built 5.4 AL block.
It's crazy enough that they are getting the TVS. Instead of breaking into the 600s on the stock blowers, people will be breaking into the 700s.

Users who are viewing this thread