Established Member
[youtube_browser]vOAnIQCK_M8&feature[/youtube_browser]

It is a rolling pass, starts @ 40km
The stang has 100 octane tune, xpipe, JBA catless exaust and CAI
The Evo has unknown mods

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
Well no shit, you roll raced an Evo X what would you expect?

I don't understand why AWD cars even bother roll racing, what's the point of having AWD?

You never seen a fast evo or STI? ive seen numerous roll races with awd cars. some win and some lose. I've seen dig races where awd cars still lose. it boils down to whats done and to the driver.

none the less good kill OP. those 5.0's really pull:beer:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
You never seen a fast evo or STI? ive seen numerous roll races with awd cars. some win and some lose. I've seen dig races where awd cars still lose. it boils down to whats done and to the driver.

none the less good kill OP. those 5.0's really pull:beer:

You're not getting my point. Obviously AWD cars can be fast but this particular race it was pointless and would have been better to have both. The benefits of AWD are traction. We don't even know what the EVO had done but if anything I'd assume stage II which is pretty basic so that car might be 320 AWHP so roll racing = pointless against a car probably putting at least 430 to the wheels.

Last edited:

cobraman302

Established Member
You're not getting my point. Obviously AWD cars can be fast but this particular race it was pointless and would have been better to have both. The benefits of AWD are traction. We don't even know what the EVO had done but if anything I'd assume stage II which is pretty basic so that car might be 320 AWHP so roll racing = pointless against a car probably putting at least 430 to the wheels.

Yeah, the Evo should have said "hey, you mind stopping so we can race? That's the only way I stand a chance in H$&L!"

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Yeah, the Evo should have said "hey, you mind stopping so we can race? That's the only way I stand a chance in H$&L!"

Or you can drive down the road and record every race you have on the road and post it on YouTube like it's some sort of triumph... Lol. I smoked a scooter in my smart car, gonna post that shit online.

It was a stupid race.

94_Vert

Established Member

I don't understand why AWD cars even bother roll racing, what's the point of having AWD?

It was just a fun race between two nice cars.

why-so-serious-beetlejuice-joker.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

You must have forgotten about cars like the AMS Evo that were taking down cars with a 150-200hp deficit on AWD on the freeway.

Modern AWD systems are not as much a hindrance in roll racing in relations to driveline loss as they used to be. Roll racing an AWD GSX say for instance, versus an Evo9, both awd, but with equal power on the freeway the Evo will fare far better.

Typically though the roll racing awd cars usually have a decent snail swap under the hood, 35r or bigger these days. And most get to the point where AWD is helpful not from a dig, because they burn through to 3rd gear, but from a roll where most cars still struggle with traction at 60-80 but AWD can grip.

You ever been in an AWD car that roasts all four rounding out 3rd gear?

Users who are viewing this thread