2013 quarter mile times

2013Trinity

Established Member
Hey guys...I have run my 2013 converbile with 1000 miles six times in the quarter mile. First three passes were 13.1 at 114 MPH. I had 500 miles on the car at the time, and very little seat time. Keep in mind I'm at 4200 ft. adjusted to often 7000 ft. (Utah) dry, high, and hot. My sixty foot times were 2.5!?

So last time out, I did a good burnout and ran 12.48 @116 MPH with 2.0 sixty foot times. Should I be doing a lot better than that at my elevation? I was using Launch Control and Sport mode on the traction control with launch RPM set at 3200.

Anyone with more passes under your belts in this car...please share your advice/discoveries!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I don't have my Shelby in yet, but I've heard quite a few people saying the LC/TC options slow you down by causing some bog. Might try a few passes with them all turned off completely?

2013Trinity

Established Member
Thanks Lethal...practicing launches on the street, I haven't been able to beat my LC times vs. having it shut off. The LC works very well if you let the clutch out smoothly. If you just sidestep the clutch, the computer seems to know that you're going to spin the tires HARD and the traction control takes over...this is what causes the bog that so many complain about.

Also, call me a puss, but I haven't dared shut everything off. My insurance doesn't cover a wreck on a track, and the car will spin the OEM tires pretty hard shifting from 1-2nd and 2-3rd. So smoking the tires at 100+ MPH without insurance on a $70K car sounds fun, but too risky for me in my old age.

I'll bet you're stoked to have yours some in. They are BAD cars. I never dreamed I'd have a car with power like this, creature comforts, and a 5 year warranty...good times.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Thanks Lethal...practicing launches on the street, I haven't been able to beat my LC times vs. having it shut off. The LC works very well if you let the clutch out smoothly. If you just sidestep the clutch, the computer seems to know that you're going to spin the tires HARD and the traction control takes over...this is what causes the bog that so many complain about.

Also, call me a puss, but I haven't dared shut everything off. My insurance doesn't cover a wreck on a track, and the car will spin the OEM tires pretty hard shifting from 1-2nd and 2-3rd. So smoking the tires at 100+ MPH without insurance on a $70K car sounds fun, but too risky for me in my old age.

I'll bet you're stoked to have yours some in. They are BAD cars. I never dreamed I'd have a car with power like this, creature comforts, and a 5 year warranty...good times.

I hear ya. Just don't forget there is a difference between having the traction mostly off, and completely off. Punching the button turns it mostly off, holding it down for 5 sec turns everything off from what I hear. You're being smart though, better to learn slowly and safely on the car than stuff it in a wall or a ditch somewhere because you were impatient.

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guys...I have run my 2013 converbile with 1000 miles six times in the quarter mile. First three passes were 13.1 at 114 MPH. I had 500 miles on the car at the time, and very little seat time. Keep in mind I'm at 4200 ft. adjusted to often 7000 ft. (Utah) dry, high, and hot. My sixty foot times were 2.5!?

So last time out, I did a good burnout and ran 12.48 @116 MPH with 2.0 sixty foot times. Should I be doing a lot better than that at my elevation? I was using Launch Control and Sport mode on the traction control with launch RPM set at 3200.

Anyone with more passes under your belts in this car...please share your advice/discoveries!

I have a vert too I haven't hit the track yet but I've done lots of 0-60 with the track apps my best is 4.2 I have tried launching my car a few time with out the LC and it's tough unless your tires are really warm

662HP631TQ

Established Member
I thought you couldn't track convertibles. I may have my info wrong, and I have never ever tracked a car at all, but if it will be possible with the convertible I got coming, I would definitely go to the track. This may be track dependent though huh, and dependent on a roll cage...My assumption

Marc

Established Member
I thought you couldn't track convertibles. I may have my info wrong, and I have never ever tracked a car at all, but if it will be possible with the convertible I got coming, I would definitely go to the track. This may be track dependent though huh, and dependent on a roll cage...My assumption

My buddy has a 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and has been to the track a few times and it is bone stock.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

You can take a vert to the track with the top up

rdsnk46

Established Member
13.99 or faster I belive requires a bar. A 5 point should be good to 11.0, faster requires more of a cage than a bar. A convertible does require a helmet no matter how fast you go.

rwboring

Established Member

at that elevation you are probably pretty relative to some of us (12.0-12.4).

what does it correct to?

Users who are viewing this thread