2013 Rocker Panels & Rear Fascia

san6279

Established Member
I really like the look of the 2013 painted rockers and rear fascia. Would rather not paint my current setup. Can these be purchased from Ford and put on a 2012? Figured the rockers would be a direct fit. What about the rear fascia? - not looking to replace the black lower piece that surrounds the exhaust, just the piece above that is below the headlights.

Appreciate any help.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I highly doubt ford will be selling pre painted parts. From ford, you'll get bare body parts ready to be worked and painted. It's be sweet if they did offer pre painted but HIGHLY unlikely.
Also I don't think the 13 bumper cover will work with the 10-12 lower valence. The bumper cover is completely different.

san6279

Established Member
Thanks for the info. My other concern is I have heard it is hard to match the Ford silver color, but not sure if there is any truth to that or not. Could just paint the existing parts, but not sure how that would look given the different surface type and potential for chipping.

Imatk

Established Member
Thanks for the info. My other concern is I have heard it is hard to match the Ford silver color, but not sure if there is any truth to that or not. Could just paint the existing parts, but not sure how that would look given the different surface type and potential for chipping.

If you take them to a good painter they shouldn't have an issue matching the color at all.

As for the chipping, I have no idea.

san6279

Established Member
If I had someone paint the rockers would definitely put clear bra on them.

Thanks for the info on paint matching.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
the clear bra would definitely help, especially behind and in front of the wheels where the most road rash comes from, painting your factory parts is not an issue, many new updated paint shops have computer systems that match paint colors to a T, you will not notice at all with a very good painter, especially since our cars are so new they are not prone to fade, for example if you were going torepaint the rockers on your 96 gt, then we could all tell, but you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread