2013 Shelby GT500 Drag Times Thread

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What was your tire pressure set at Bimini? Also what rpm did you launch at?
28x12.5 ET Street R bias on 15x10 Weld single beadlocks.
14.5-15psi on an easy launch slipping the clutch out around 2500-3000rpm with a quick release and then trying to make a clean 1-2 shift to get it down the track.
I’m happy to say I didn’t use any driver aids, not even a shift light, so it’s nice to know the way I drive it around town it’s a legit mid 9 and 150mph manual trans badass.
Stay tuned for some fall testing over the next few weeks.
-J

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
2013 gt500. Bmr non adjustable control arms. Mt et street r on 18 American muscle rims. 2.4 vmp upper pulley, frpp 65mm tb. Jlt 123mm intake. Ngk tr7ix gapped at .28 offroad mid pipe, magnaflow compatition axle backs. Idler pulley. sctx4 tuned by bj at venomous tuning. Simply the best imo for these cars. If my information can be added to the list that would be awesome!! (Always look and compare)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-220038_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-220038_Gallery.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Screenshot_20210616-175552_TRC.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-175552_TRC.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 233

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Nice pass, do you care to share some info on the run? I would like to here it.

TC on/off, what you left at, shift at. The DA, 60 ft time? Thanks
Not a problem at all and always glad to help. Launch was 3300 slip the clutch and push the gas at the same time to keep those rpms up. Target shifts are 6500 as per my tuner said that is my mental redline. First to 2nd gear is hard cause rpms are fast so again 6500ish. Then 2nd to third was spot on at 6500. ( no power shifts just speed shifting with foot half way off the gas. Going over the traps was a tuff choice cause I went around 6700 to 6750 rpms instead of shifting.
I will link what the weather was right before the run via tra. Car had more in it but the clutch i don't think liked the hole shot as the tires weren't spinning and the rpms hovers around 3k for about a second. I didnt break anything so it was a good day. Only pass I did by my choice as I just wanted to be in the 10s. I'm sure its a mid to low 10 second car with a 1.5 60 ft.
I know it sounds silly but would love to be on that list lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-175552_TRC.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-175552_TRC.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 169

Dragfan

Established Member
That's good to here, I have the same mods except for the exhaust [ mine still original ]. So was 1.5 your 60 ft, and was you running 93 octane?

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
That's good to here, I have the same mods except for the exhaust [ mine still original ]. So was 1.5 your 60 ft, and was you running 93 octane?
Nooe my 60ft was 1.74 which is my best for any car I've had. ( previously was 1.8 with my 04 cobra) and yes to the 93 octane as well. I should note that I'm a heavy guy also at 230lbs. :(

Dragfan

Established Member
That's some good info, I like hearing what others has done. Your car runs good. If I ever get some tires I'll take mine.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
That's some good info, I like hearing what others has done. Your car runs good. If I ever get some tires I'll take mine.
I agree. For what I have done i feel it runs well! I was hoping for a 10.8 @ 130 plus so I was a tenth faster and a very nice mph. Bj McCarty from venomous tuning tuned it and I highly recommend him if you need a tuner

Dragfan

Established Member
I agree. For what I have done i feel it runs well! I was hoping for a 10.8 @ 130 plus so I was a tenth faster and a very nice mph. Bj McCarty from venomous tuning tuned it and I highly recommend him if you need a tuner
He just tuned mine, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

GT500_SKELETOR

I "self proclaim" to have the fastest ET for a 13-14 and any other "stock engine" GT500 of any year to my knoledge. Per the list at the beginning of this rather old forum I see that a stock GT500 run double digits where as I have achieved a 9s pass! and yes the motor from the throttle body to the cats are factory stock!!! I do have a rather big advantage that 99.9% of all other GT500s don't and that is a huge weight difference. So unless we add weight or lack of it as a disqualifying "mod" then I will go back to the drawing board and keep quiet jajaja. So who should I be tagging to validate my claim of a rather unimportant claim?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
We don’t really have a micro record moderator, so how about just posting a slip and telling us your combo?
Any 9 second pass in a manual trans S197 GT500 is legit. I’ve made several.
What you got?
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
We don’t really have a micro record moderator, so how about just posting a slip and telling us your combo?
Any 9 second pass in a manual trans S197 GT500 is legit. I’ve made several.
What you got?
-J
This is his car. I remember seeing it on TRC.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Actually I watched the video and I’d say it’s cool as hell! You took a twice wrecked Shelby and are drag racing it.
I approve!
I’m about to put Holley EFI on my 2014. Any tips other than mechanical TB?
Get back to us when you go twins!
-J

Dragfan

Established Member
Keep us posted!
I know I'm a little slow responding. I did get some tires and went to the track, Best time was 1.6 60ft, 10.8 at 127.9. I think last run would have been a little better, as it went 1.56 60 ft. but didn't go in second gear. I thought the mph was a little slow, compared to others. Noticed when I got to the track and unloaded the car had a check engine light on [ after getting home found out EGR valve was stuck ]. Someone said with the check engine light on it could have pulled some timing out. I have no idea if it would or not, maybe someone here would know. But I was happy with it, it went 10"s. lol

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
I know I'm a little slow responding. I did get some tires and went to the track, Best time was 1.6 60ft, 10.8 at 127.9. I think last run would have been a little better, as it went 1.56 60 ft. but didn't go in second gear. I thought the mph was a little slow, compared to others. Noticed when I got to the track and unloaded the car had a check engine light on [ after getting home found out EGR valve was stuck ]. Someone said with the check engine light on it could have pulled some timing out. I have no idea if it would or not, maybe someone here would know. But I was happy with it, it went 10"s. lol
very nice 60 ft! and congrats on the 10s

Users who are viewing this thread