2013 Shelby GT500 O2 sensor fail again

BCICAN

Established Member
EEC V DIAGNOSES NO CODES, (DRIV CYCLE)

REPLACE BAMK 1 O2 SENSOR (DRIV CYCLE)

REPLACE BANK 2 O2 SENSOR (DRIV CYCLE)

REPLACE BANK 1 +2 CAT MONITORS (DRIV CYCLE)

That’s a copy paste of the email he sent ^^^^^^

I had every intention to repair what needed to be repaired my question at this point is why do the o2 sensors keep failing ?? It has been less than 2 years since they were replaced last When I ask ford all I get are bullshit answers
There are small symptoms of the o2 sensor issue I knew that’s what they would find
I love my car and love Ford but never have I ever had this issue before even when I was younger and drove like a maniac all I EVER had to do was replace tires even on cars I had with 100k miles I just want to know why they keep failing because what ford is saying is not what is causeing it

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Does the car have longtubes? I may have missed mods

Sometimes parts just fail...I’d keep a couple sensors around just in case, but check wiring / connections etc

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
EEC V DIAGNOSES NO CODES, (DRIV CYCLE)

REPLACE BAMK 1 O2 SENSOR (DRIV CYCLE)

REPLACE BANK 2 O2 SENSOR (DRIV CYCLE)

REPLACE BANK 1 +2 CAT MONITORS (DRIV CYCLE)

That’s a copy paste of the email he sent ^^^^^^

I had every intention to repair what needed to be repaired my question at this point is why do the o2 sensors keep failing ?? It has been less than 2 years since they were replaced last When I ask ford all I get are bullshit answers
There are small symptoms of the o2 sensor issue I knew that’s what they would find
I love my car and love Ford but never have I ever had this issue before even when I was younger and drove like a maniac all I EVER had to do was replace tires even on cars I had with 100k miles I just want to know why they keep failing because what ford is saying is not what is causeing it

I had some o2 issues on mine but I have long tube headers w/ extensions for the o2 sensors. Got rid of the extensions and no issues since. On an otherwise factory car it's either the placement or just bad luck.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Has the car ever been tuned ? ( you're the 2nd owner )
Even a " dumb " dealership should be able to answer that question..

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Same issue as 07BB...replaced 4 sensors on one season and even swapped out extensions. Later found one aftermarket extension to be made in Thailand! Uugh. This tiring & expensive issue was finally resolved by a Mustang Race Shop in 2016 who seeing this happen before ...ditched the GT500 sensors swapping in Ford F150 Raptor 02's that had their own thick harnesses. Problem solved. .

MAZZ MAN

Established Member
I need more info. Does the engine light come on? Where do you get your fuel? Do you use and additives in the fuel? Are you sure the car is 100% stock except for the axle back?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread