2013 st focus

jdcobra

Established Member
Hey guys I currently own a 2012 5.0 which I love but I have decided to buy a house and want something to drive that's still fun yet practical. I have test driven a 2013 st focus and I really enjoyed it! Was wondering what are some of the pros and cons if any with these vehicles.

2004Droptop

Established Member
Hey guys I currently own a 2012 5.0 which I love but I have decided to buy a house and want something to drive that's still fun yet practical. I have test driven a 2013 st focus and I really enjoyed it! Was wondering what are some of the pros and cons if any with these vehicles.

I think you nailed it, fun but practical. MPGs are alright, I usually get 25-26 in ~50/50 city/hwy driving on super, hammering it at least once a day... not quite economy car but not bad at all. Overall great driving dynamics, power & handling plus comfort. I am biased though, been driving a Focus for 10 years.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Haha I've gone from a 04 cobra to a 12 5.0 so I don't know what good mpg looks like :x lol I went and test drove one earlier with the 202a options and it was amazing. Definitely getting one soon.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Pros- decent mileage, good looks, spectacular handling, great brakes and near class leading power.

Cons- Too many doors (but that's just my opinion)

Other than that we won't know anything about issues or reliability until they've been around a while.

jdcobra

Established Member
I agree with you on the doors thing. Took one for a test drive and I felt like I was driving van lol. All in all I like everything else about it though

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have a 2012 Focus Titanium and have seen the 2013 ST at a couple of car shows. they are pure awesome. I may trade my focus in on one just because.

No real cons about them at all IMHO. well except that the option packages are all jacked up so I can't get the seats I want with the package that I will buy if / when I get one.

Pros- decent mileage, good looks, spectacular handling, great brakes and near class leading power.

Cons- Too many doors (but that's just my opinion)

Other than that we won't know anything about issues or reliability until they've been around a while.

2004Droptop

Established Member
I have a 2012 Focus Titanium and have seen the 2013 ST at a couple of car shows. they are pure awesome. I may trade my focus in on one just because.

No real cons about them at all IMHO. well except that the option packages are all jacked up so I can't get the seats I want with the package that I will buy if / when I get one.

Do it!... traded my loaded 12 SEL on the ST. Zero regrets!

2004Droptop

Established Member
I am sorely tempted but not sure I will get the trade in I want going to check it out sometime next week tho.

Probably not... if yours is loaded probably only get ~16k for trade in (which would good and if you have low miles). Just an educated guess though, let us know what kind of joke offer they throw at you

Last edited:

iaminea

I traded in a 08 dodge ram hemi 4x4 for this. Needed something better on gas and not so bulky. Pros: pretty much everything about the car. I love it from bumper to bumper.
Cons: The loud boom when hard shifting from 1st to second makes me shut my eyes and cringe. Sometimes it scares the crap out of me when I get cought off guard. I also feel like the Recaro seats might be a little tight. Im a very fit 5'9 lbs195 and I have to empty my pockets especially my wallet before driving anywhere otherwise it presses up against my legg and arse cheek really hard. Minor complaints though, the good totaly outweighs the bad. Im glad I bought the ST.

Now I feel like I get blocked in and cut off alot more.
Other then that its a grea

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I traded in a 08 dodge ram hemi 4x4 for this. Needed something better on gas and not so bulky. Pros: pretty much everything about the car. I love it from bumper to bumper.
Cons: The loud boom when hard shifting from 1st to second makes me shut my eyes and cringe. Sometimes it scares the crap out of me when I get cought off guard. I also feel like the Recaro seats might be a little tight. Im a very fit 5'9 lbs195 and I have to empty my pockets especially my wallet before driving anywhere otherwise it presses up against my legg and arse cheek really hard. Minor complaints though, the good totaly outweighs the bad. Im glad I bought the ST.

There are aftermarket dogbone mounts that should fix that bang when shifting fast under WOT :)

Some people are talking about using the Focus electric dogbone but I haven't heard first hand reviews and they're on big time backorder.

-Steve

2004Droptop

Established Member

I put the one C-F-M sells seem to more or less solve the issue

Users who are viewing this thread