2013 Super Snake Questions

Turbo mach1

Established Member
Has anyone considered doing this? I know its a decent amount of $$$ but it might be a really cool car to have years down the road. I know i could do all the same things to the car myself and same some cash but in the long run, is it worth the investment.

I keep asking my self this question and i keep getting caught up on the fact of having a $110,000 mustang. Im not really buying this car to track, im buying it to have. I have a fast car that the Shelby or Super Snake will never compare to power wise, but telling my son 20 years from now "check this car out that i owned or own"

ok done going around in circles, give me your thoughts...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I believe there 1 or 2 guys getting the conversion on team shelby. Look if you have the cash and you really care that much about the name and such then go for it. I honestly could never justify the cost for what they do to the car. You can do everything they for half as much. And honestly I personally don't care for going over the top with these cars. The way mine sits is perfect in my eyes. Performance to me will trump all the fluff. and by performance I mean customizing it to my needs, not getting a pre-determined setup.

Rare yes, valuable in the future? likely. For me? no way in hell.

nix5o

Established Member
Josh for not longer than we keep cars, I probably wouldn't...lol.

Put that money towards a promod build :D

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The older Super Snakes aren't even close to their MSRP price.

I think it's like $49,995, right? You could buy so many other cars for that: ACR Viper, ZR1, etc etc etc.

EDIT: A buddy of mine had a 2008 GT500SS with 127.4 miles on it; he sold it last year for $60,000.

Last edited:

Turbo mach1

Established Member
That is the info im looking for.....THANKS!!!!!!

I think it's like $49,995, right? You could buy so many other cars for that: ACR Viper, ZR1, etc etc etc.

EDIT: A buddy of mine had a 2008 GT500SS with 127.4 miles on it; he sold it last year for $60,000.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is the info im looking for.....THANKS!!!!!!

No problem. If you were looking for a Shelby that was a true heritage one that would hold its money, a GT500KR would be a better bet.

Also, when I said that the price for the SS conversion was $50k and then said that you could buy Vipers and other cars for the price range..I added the $50k to a $60k MSRP on the car itself.

USV8PWR

Established Member

While it is true that the older SS (2007 thru 2010 especially) have taken a huge hit, it's more probably due because each year, or couple of years, the Shelby GT500 the SS package is based off of gets all around better and more powerful stock! With your example, there are not many who want to spend $60K on a 2008 GT500 SS when the 2013/2014 GT500 cars are so much better stock than the base 2008 GT500 was. Now, if there was ever a model I was going to do the SS package to it would be the 13/14 cars as there will not be a 15 model and likely the 16 will not be called a Shelby anymore. And even if it is the car will be radically different than the Shelby GT500 of today.

With all of that said though, $40,000 to $50,000 is very steep for the conversion. And that is not including the fact that Shelby keeps all of your stock parts!! The other thing that turns me off on them is that I learned, on here, that you don't have to quickly get your 13/14 car to them for the "limited edition" SS package. In fact they will still SS up your 2007 through 2012 vehicles! Therefore, how are they indeed controlling the package as a limited edition?

nix5o

Established Member
If you would sell ol' black n blue I would be on my way..:rolling:

I'm working on it, its not like selling a civic....lol. Why don't you quit playing on svtp, send me that email you promised and get back to work or I'm telling Kevin..lol

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Enjoy your GT500 and instead of wasting your $$$ on the SS upgrade.....pick up a used Z06 and enjoy that.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I was just down at Shelby American in Vegas. There were at least 50 GT500's there being modified. All at different points in the build process. Whether some of us here agree or not with the price, there are a lot who do agree and have it done, as I saw.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While it is true that the older SS (2007 thru 2010 especially) have taken a huge hit, it's more probably due because each year, or couple of years, the Shelby GT500 the SS package is based off of gets all around better and more powerful stock! With your example, there are not many who want to spend $60K on a 2008 GT500 SS when the 2013/2014 GT500 cars are so much better stock than the base 2008 GT500 was. Now, if there was ever a model I was going to do the SS package to it would be the 13/14 cars as there will not be a 15 model and likely the 16 will not be called a Shelby anymore. And even if it is the car will be radically different than the Shelby GT500 of today.

With all of that said though, $40,000 to $50,000 is very steep for the conversion. And that is not including the fact that Shelby keeps all of your stock parts!! The other thing that turns me off on them is that I learned, on here, that you don't have to quickly get your 13/14 car to them for the "limited edition" SS package. In fact they will still SS up your 2007 through 2012 vehicles! Therefore, how are they indeed controlling the package as a limited edition?

That is very true about looking forward. Good point.

You can get your stock parts back if you either go pick them up or pay for shipping.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

But remember, in 2008 there were very few options and the top hp 725 was $31,995. If you track more than your friends $60K sale you will find that just recently a 2008 605 horse (base hp Super Snake) sold @ Mecum for $61K. That same week a Black 725 sold for $81K and another went to $100K as a no sale. If you take the depreciation of the base GT500 for 2007, 2008 or 2009 they are in the mid $30K's or less? with some going into the very high $20K's.

Taking these facts and adding either $27,995 ($28K) for the base 605/630 horse or $31,995 ($32K) for a 725/750 horse, these cars show the depreciation of the base GT500 (like it would be w/o the Super Snake upgrade) but with those selling $$$ show a full, or very close to full recovery of the Super Snake upgrade that was paid to Shelby. Used GT500's aren't anywhere MSRP either, but this Shelby added package seems to be holding its own.

It is very rare that anyone on here will recover their "$$$ for mods" when it comes time to sell.

If you are quoting $49K, it is 850 horse, big rear brakes, full cooling system upgrades, etc. Last time I looked at these items it was just over $40K......

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
All good information. I have not had the need nor desire to track these cars.

Your information will help the OP make his decision. :beer:

I say "if" the OP wants to have a 1 of 500 car instead of a 1 of 1000's, go for it!

I believe that the 2013 build is limited to 500 units.

R

Husky44

Established Member
If I'm going to own a six-figure Shelby, it's going to be a 65-70. There's your rare, collectible car.

My 13 is "unique" enough for me as is, and I can drive the snot out of it without stressing (too much).

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
If I'm going to own a six-figure Shelby, it's going to be a 65-70. There's your rare, collectible car.

My 13 is "unique" enough for me as is, and I can drive the snot out of it without stressing (too much).

I like the 65-70 also, primative, but cool. Think how many of them they made, probably more than 500 (per model) when they were current.

I agree that it is hard to swallow $100K+ for a Mustang........and Shelby is proud of their stuff, but among the people who do Mustang/GT500 mods, I would rather have a "Shelby" modified Shelby, rather than brand X.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

That does suck about the take-off parts. Mine were returned with my '08 and I have sold all take-off parts except my original hood, 2-pc driveshaft and oem panhard bar. Those parts have/had 8.3 original miles and I have re-couped approx. $4500 from the parts that I have sold.

The Super Snake production numbers were limited by year and the builds will continue until that number (per year) is met. Last I remember, it was 1000 for 2007, 1000 for 2008 and 500 for 2009 and I did not keep up with the 2010-up except I hear 500 for the '13's. When the economy went south, the Super Snake builds went to almost nothing and none of the production numbers had been met that I know of. What I was to by a friend at Shelby LV, as of mid-2011, there had been about 870 total Super Snake builds for all years 2007-2011.

A Super Snake build is a steep $$$ undertaking for sure, and if you start checking off a lot of options..............it only gets worse.

The first Super Snakes (2007, 2008 and early 2009) had a base price of $28K for the 605/630 horse and $32K (later $35K $34,995) for the 725/750. There were only 3 options 1/4 window treatment of scoops or block-off plates..........If a 725/750 KB blower Black (standard) or polished ($1300 option) and suspension FRPP (standard) or Eibach coilovers ($100 option). Now the Eibachs are over $1000 as an option.......

R

Last edited:

Snkedriver

Established Member
I personally think its worth the money if your going to keep the car and enjoy it for a long time. You get a CSM number and its a real SS. You can certainly Mod your car to get these HP numbers but you will probably get nothing for them when you sell.

Users who are viewing this thread