2013 TVS Blower

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Gotcha!

Been prepping today and will finish tomorrow. I really hope it's not as bad as they say but that's not likely. Oh your going to be in it. Wow! Sorry you will be away from the family...all of you be safe!

We'll be looking for posts once you can to know all is well!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
PistolWhip.....I hope you and yours are okay! Does not look good up there from what I've been seeing.....post up when you can.....I know you probably have your hands full right now?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
We're good hear, thanks guys. The Jersey shore got HAMMERED and they're still not letting people get to their houses, but luckily where I live was spared the worst of this storms wrath. I feel really lucky because a lot of people up here and in NY had their lives turned up side down and their still not even able to get to their houses to start figuring out what to do. I won't be able to get down to the shore to see my place down there until probably next week or so, but I'm being told that it's fine.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Good to hear from you PistolWhip! Glad your okay. Yeah...seeing the pictures and stuff it is completely unreal...I feel for everyone in that area. I hope that they get back to normal soon.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Hey Van, sorry we got this thread off topic (and thanks to both of you for your concerns and thoughts), but did you ever see my post asking about the 2.4 pulley? I'm hoping to get my blower next week if Down's Ford gets power and phone service back up by then and of course I'd like to give you the business if I can. If it's just a matter of a little wait on the 2.4 TVS pullies I'll just run the stock pulley for a little, but if Billet Pro Shop doesn't have any intention of making one, I'll make other arrangements.
If you missed it, I ordered the 2013 TVS kit from FRPP so that's the blower I need the pulley for.

Van@RevanRacing

Hey Van, sorry we got this thread off topic (and thanks to both of you for your concerns and thoughts), but did you ever see my post asking about the 2.4 pulley? I'm hoping to get my blower next week if Down's Ford gets power and phone service back up by then and of course I'd like to give you the business if I can. If it's just a matter of a little wait on the 2.4 TVS pullies I'll just run the stock pulley for a little, but if Billet Pro Shop doesn't have any intention of making one, I'll make other arrangements.
If you missed it, I ordered the 2013 TVS kit from FRPP so that's the blower I need the pulley for.

Hey Whip, yeah, I missed that part of the thread. Billet Pro is working on a pulley at this time. Stick with the stock pulley for now.

Van

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Great, thanks Van. Hopefully I can get by with the stock pulley and no BAP. Once the 2.4's available I'll get em both at once.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm sure I'll need some once I swap to the smaller pulley. I'm hoping that with the stock pulley, Big Air intake and a mild tune I can get by until the spring; then I'll address the fuel with a BAP and injectors.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Hmmm...contemplating a BAP and injectors if I go TVS. Some say don't need BAP as long as you do 72's....perhaps I do BAP anyway to be safe. Hmm...

Van@RevanRacing

Hmmm...contemplating a BAP and injectors if I go TVS. Some say don't need BAP as long as you do 72's....perhaps I do BAP anyway to be safe. Hmm...

Mike

It all depends on how much boost we are talking about and projected horsepower.

You can begin to run out of injector between 650 and 700 RWHP and you need at BAP at 635 RWHP to support the FPDM's.

Van

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Mike

You can begin to run out of injector between 650 and 700 RWHP and you need at BAP at 635 RWHP to support the FPDM's.

Van

Sounds like I need a BAP...better safe than boom...or rather sorry!

I'd like to see 700ish give or take so, sounds like I need it. I'll be picking up a used one tonight...

Thanks Van

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Mike

Van

Sounds like solid advice. Van, do you know on most 2011-12 GT500s and fords 750 Whipple kit, how close are you to maxing out the injectors?

Thanks,
Crowley

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Sounds like solid advice. Van, do you know on most 2011-12 GT500s and fords 750 Whipple kit, how close are you to maxing out the injectors?

Thanks,
Crowley

The 750 Kit is not bad. It's when you decide to turn the 750 Kit up that things start to get tight. For those that don't know the 750 Whipple Kit refers to 750 Crank Horsepower.

Van

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
The 750 Kit is not bad. It's when you decide to turn the 750 Kit up that things start to get tight. For those that don't know the 750 Whipple Kit refers to 750 Crank Horsepower.

Van

Thanks Van .. just wondering since I knew that the 750 kit it seems most are dynoing in around 63x at the wheels (which seems low to me but I understand the tune that comes with the kit is most likely very conservative) .. based on your statements though it seems injector could be an issue if you modified that kit in any way for more ponies (or even a better tune)...

Crowley

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Van .. just wondering since I knew that the 750 kit it seems most are dynoing in around 63x at the wheels (which seems low to me but I understand the tune that comes with the kit is most likely very conservative) .. based on your statements though it seems injector could be an issue if you modified that kit in any way for more ponies (or even a better tune)...

Crowley

I've worked with a number of people with this kit. Yes, when you start to go beyond the original design of the 750 Kit we generally to the following:

1. One piece Drive Shaft
2. 72 Lb Injectors
3. Go back to the OEM Fuel hat and add a Boost A Pump

Van

Users who are viewing this thread