2013 vs. 2007 injectors - effects on duty cycle

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I run 13/14 in my setup as well. Mods in sig, and zero issues. I like em.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The driveability is bone stock - I love them. But they're not a part that adds performance per se, in the sense that it's something you "feel". They support a new blower and bring duty cycles back to where they should be so as to avoid catastrophe. In my opinion, the '13 injectors are one of the best dollar values you can find. And Justin's tune is just perfect - he really knows what he's doing.

Ok, avoiding issues is also a "plus" and so is bone stock drivability.

Who offers these 2013 injectors at the best price, that you have found?

Thanks for the info.

R

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Don't use Tousley, use Tasca for your order.

Why not? I got mine from Tousely; I think they were like $160 or so shipped if I remember correctly (like $20 per injector). I've always had really good experiences with them (although I don't think they're called Tousely anymore).

rjm-1

Established Member
Why not? I got mine from Tousely; I think they were like $160 or so shipped if I remember correctly (like $20 per injector). I've always had really good experiences with them (although I don't think they're called Tousely anymore).

+1 got mine from Tousley. I think they were $22 a piece.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
A little off topic but why do most guys looking for more fuel go with a BAP over bigger pumps? I would feel much more comfortable with some ford GT pumps over a BAP. It's not like the pumps are that expensive.

fullboogie

Established Member

Because Tousley's only SVT guy (Mike or Mark) left and went to Tasca. Every time I've called Tousley since, nobody knows shit. They pass me around from person to person, and next thing I know I've been on hold for 10 or 15 minutes while somebody grabs old brochures to figure out what a GT500 is. And the last time I ordered something 2-day shipping, it still wasn't here after 18 days and the idiots didn't bother to ship with a tracking number. Because they couldn't confirm where the part was, whether it had arrived, or whether it had even been shipped, they would not ship a replacement part. Customer service has gone down the drain.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Because Tousley's only SVT guy (Mike or Mark) left and went to Tasca. Every time I've called Tousley since, nobody knows shit. They pass me around from person to person, and next thing I know I've been on hold for 10 or 15 minutes while somebody grabs old brochures to figure out what a GT500 is.
His name is Steve and I've had the same experience since he left. Tasca is a vendor her on SVTP too.

Last edited:

Nasty500

Banned
Your car's an 11' so you don't really need a BAP at that point. Your cars pump voltage can be manipulated in the tune which kind of acts like a BAP. Jay put down over 700 RWHP on a notoriously low reading Mustang Dyno with 13-14 injectors. He was running an upper / lower combo, 72mm TB and I believe long tubes. Now that's probably running the injectors to their limits but still not to the point of failure. In my opinion, high 80% range is certainly not running them to their max or even scarry close to it. As I understand it there is a lot of head room in 5 to 10% DC as specially when your talking only getting close to low 90's at the very highest of your usable RPM range.

This is what I wanted to hear. I'm hooking for mid 600's with no tb or long tubes. And I would really like to get by with no bap. This is great to hear.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
This is what I wanted to hear. I'm hooking for mid 600's with no tb or long tubes. And I would really like to get by with no bap. This is great to hear.

You ARE talking about a TVS, right? If you're using a 2.40" on an '11-'12 car and no larger throttle body, the system is choked at that point. To get 650ish comfortably, it needs air.

It doesn't need long tubes.

Bj

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
You ARE talking about a TVS, right? If you're using a 2.40" on an '11-'12 car and no larger throttle body, the system is choked at that point. To get 650ish comfortably, it needs air.

It doesn't need long tubes.

Bj

This. Been there already. If you go with a smaller pulley, you will need to go with a 123 MAF and a bigger TB to not choke the system. It will work, but you will peg the MAF, and choke the system for air.

The engine needs air, and it all about flow. When you set it up correctly, it will produce the desire power you want and all within the tolerance for the system. I run my setup on a 11 and I have no bap. All my data is safely within the correct levels.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
There should be a sticky on the main GT500 page that explains what boost is and how it is effected by efficiency and airflow. I think too many people get confused into thinking that its as simple as increasing boost means increasing power. Boost is just a measure of restriction really, it's not necessarily a true measure of air flow which is ultimately the goal when trying to make more power; increase air flow. More air in is more power out... Get that air in without restriction and you lower the boost pressure but make the same if not more power.

Users who are viewing this thread