2013 wot AFR reading in gauge mode

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
So I finally got about 600 miles on my 13 GT after weeks of driving like a old lady(I know, I don't drive much). So today I decided to push a little and went wot in 3rd from 4k to about 6500. The AFR in my track app showed 13.7-9! I did it again just to make sure I was not reading wrong and sure enough, same 13.9.
I was expecting to see low 12's to maybe high 11's at that rpm stock, but this is very surprising. Idle and part throttle seem to be same as everyone else at around 14.0 calibrated to e10 supposedly. I tuned cars before and I know 13.9 at wot especially towards high rpm is not good. Only mod I have is GT500 AB.

What is everyone seeing with their track app on wot?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

cdog1157

Established Member
No track apps here, but I had the Aeroforce gauge on my 11 and it did the same thing. With Bama tunes it never read lower than 14 so I took it to the dyno and according to the dyno it was 12.5ish at WOT. I sold the gauge, left it alone and never had any engine problems before I traded it in.

RockStarKick

Established Member
Steeda 93 tune here, when I mash the pedal it drops to 12.0 -12.2 ish.... I don't know what it was doing stock, I have had the tune since 500 miles.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
We usually see the stock A/F on the dash to be off by a full point. I do not trust them. Any aftermarket Wideband will do the trick.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OP, not sure about the AF but you need to break in that motor right. Stick the car in 4th gear@2000RPM and run it WOT to red line about 4-5 times. The rings will seat better. Trust me, you wont hurt it. The best way to break these motors in it to run them hard.

Bowtie-X

Established Member
Well..mine is definitely off which is dissapointing. It shouldn't read 13.9@wot near redline. I think I'm going to let them know when I take my car in to have my procal installed. Hopefully they won't tell me this is normal reading lol.

Shaun@AED

That is what we see in cars that blow the #8.

Also what we see with P0315 codes.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
No track apps here, but I had the Aeroforce gauge on my 11 and it did the same thing. With Bama tunes it never read lower than 14 so I took it to the dyno and according to the dyno it was 12.5ish at WOT. I sold the gauge, left it alone and never had any engine problems before I traded it in.

oh so thats why you sold me the gauge. now i know the truth (LOL). it worked just fine in my car, even when on the dyno it read very close to the wideband they used.

Last edited:

Bowtie-X

Established Member
What is weird is that today it's showing correct values. however, I did run the car a little differently. Instead of going wot on 3rd from 4k to 6500, I went from 2k to redline starting in 2nd gear and went through the gears. Surprisingly, the gauge came alive lol. It's showing 12.2 to 11.9 as I was expecting. What I should have done was retry the 3rd from 4k to 6500 right after to see if it show 13.9 again. I will try this tomorrow and report back.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Tired this for the shits a gigs and mine reads high 13's @ WOT

Im seriously ****ing done with this car! :mj:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
OP, not sure about the AF but you need to break in that motor right. Stick the car in 4th gear@2000RPM and run it WOT to red line about 4-5 times. The rings will seat better. Trust me, you wont hurt it. The best way to break these motors in it to run them hard.

i agree with breaking in hard, but by the time we get these cars, they are broken in and the rings are seated.

Users who are viewing this thread