2014 GT500 (Good deal)?

CobraG

Established Member
I found a 2014 GT500 for $50,985, 27,500 miles, looks like it's in great shape. They just took it in on trade and had the car up to change out the back tires. It has some aftermarket suspension parts but looked very clean.

They lowered the car, only mods looked like a JLT and a JLT catch can.
This is the lowest mile close to where I live GT500 I've been able to find. Most seem to be in $60K plus for that year, make and model.

Looking for opinions, jump on it at this price? I'll be trading my 2013 5.0 for it.

Thanks

Edit:
Track pack
Electronic package
Recaro seats
Shaker Pro System (not sure what that is?)

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I found a 2014 GT500 for $50,985, 27,500 miles, looks like it's in great shape. They just took it in on trade and had the car up to change out the back tires. It has some aftermarket suspension parts but looked very clean.

They lowered the car, only mods looked like a JLT and a JLT catch can.
This is the lowest mile close to where I live GT500 I've been able to find. Most seem to be in $60K plus for that year, make and model.

Looking for opinions, jump on it at this price? I'll be trading my 2013 5.0 for it.

Thanks
Very reasonable price. I sold mine for low 50s in similar condition as you mentioned. I would offer them 47-48 and see what they say. Shoot us some pics so we can drool over it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Shaker Pro System is the sound system. Looks like it's nicely equipped. GLWB.

CobraG

Established Member
Drove it yesterday, man that thing is fast! I really like it, but there was a noise coming from the passengers side rear end so they're going to take a look at it today.
I was surprised it doesn't have a backup camera and I didn't see any rear sensors for when you're backing up. Not a big deal, I just thought with the big screen it'd have a backup camera.
We'll see what they can find out about that noise before proceeding.
I was approved through USAA for the loan, but they're at 8.3%!!! And that's qualified for their best rate! I'll be looking for a better rate that's for sure, but if anyone can recommend a credit union let me know.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
8.3%

Damn… that’s brutal.
I hope you have a hell of a down payment.

As for price, I think it’s a touch high myself, but not so much I’d immediately say nope.

CobraG

Established Member
8.3%

Damn… that’s brutal.
I hope you have a hell of a down payment.

As for price, I think it’s a touch high myself, but not so much I’d immediately say nope.
I know, that interest rate is crazy high! I'll be trading in my 2013 5.0, I'm hoping to get at least $20K for it then maybe throwing some more money down, we'll see where we're at with the trade allowance.
For where I live (OKC) that's a good price at $51,000. The next closet in price is another 2014 with 16K miles for $58000 but doesn't have all the features this one has. And another 2014 with something like 2K miles for $69,900.

Zemedici

Established Member
8.6% isn’t crazy for a used car, from what I’ve seen. I just did 7.8% on a ‘19 Subaru with 15% down. Buddy just got a RS5 @ 6.5%

Hell my buddy who sells dodge says he’s doing 5-8% ON NEW cars. Used are always higher.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm kind of dreading getting the loan for the wife's new car. I got spoiled on our last couple of vehicles. Granted they were well before the Covid stupidity, but I think I did decent on the interest rate at the time.

CobraG

Established Member
We'll see what rate the dealership can get, the 8.3% is through USAA. Between the interest rate and what they give me for my 2013 5.0 will determine the outcome of the deal.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
My credit union was offering 4.9 on a 60 month and 5.24 on 72. Definitely check with the CU’s near you.

That’s a good price on that car and I hear the rates will be going up again. You may want to jump on it before the increase and just refinance later after the whole damn system crashes.

Good luck and post pics if you get it.

CobraG

Established Member
The dealership called, he said the noise is lower control arm bushings so they ordered the parts to have it fixed. They seem real nice, feels like they could tell me it's a used car so it is what it is, but they ordered the parts and are fixing it. And it's not like it won't sell if I said I don't want it. I'm sure there are plenty of people waiting if my deal falls through.

CobraG

Established Member
So the 2014 I'm looking at had a noise coming from the rear end. The salesman and GM took it for a drive and agreed it has a noise and said they'll have it fixed.

They're going to put new control arms and some other parts, all comes out to $2600 for the rear suspension to be fixed. I called the service dept today, they're going to take off the mods to the suspension, (the original owner had the mods put on). Should I let them do this swap and take these parts off and get all new suspension in the rear or have them stop and keep these parts on?

I've asked if they can do the work and let me keep the parts, I'm waiting to hear back from them on that.

Parts:

Cortex Street Racing LCAs Cortex Racing Torque Arm Cortex Racing Watts Link Cortex Racing oil cooler diff cover

Users who are viewing this thread