2014 Last GT500's Made

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Very interesting then guys. I'm no engineer but I wouldn't think that a car that small will be able to have the extra wheel well room which would then allow the fitment of much larger tires that a lot of us had hoped for. And then there is the interior room issues of it being smaller. Hence why I mentioned the Hyundai Genesis. It does not have the room of the Mustang. However, the Mustang does have some extra room to spare IMO.

But I just look at 4 seater coupes that are currently out with today's saftey equipment and electronics and that weigh in at 3,350 to 3,400 lbs and none of them excite me. Perhaps Ford can really pull it off and this car will be different though.

As with the corvette remodel and othere recent remodels, a lot of that shortening will come from chopping the front and rear overhang. The narrowing is what i'm not to happy to hear. Maybe they will take a page from the M3 and actually put different (wider) rear fenders on the SVT version. I was hoping they would do this on the '13 shelby! Maybe the '13-14 Super Snake wide body will get ford thinking. Shelby toying with a wide body could really help set things in motion! And with a narrower car, it would be ideal to widen the SVt version! ...other than adding to the cost of the car.

Last edited:

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member
Don't quote me on this but the first Shelby GT350 was named that due to it was 350 feet from Mr. Shelby's office. I could be completely wrong.

USV8PWR

Established Member
^^^^^^true^^^^

350 feet from his office to his shop I believe

Don't quote me on this but the first Shelby GT350 was named that due to it was 350 feet from Mr. Shelby's office. I could be completely wrong.

You all are correct on that. And he named the GT500, the 500, because at the time in 1967 there was no other car being built with a larger number in its name. LOL! There really was no great reason to his naming conventions.

Users who are viewing this thread