2014 Last GT500's Made

14GT500Robert

Established Member
Hi All,
I have a 2014 GT500 on order from (6/25) and have been reading different opinions about the end of the GT500. I was not sure it was really going to end but after watching Barrett Jackson over the weekend and they auctioned off the last retail order for 2014 GT500 convertible for $500,00.00 (wow) , So I was thinking this must be the for real end of the GT500.
Any thoughts ?

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Remember when they said that back in '07.... and '08..... and.... lol

I think there will be a break for a year or two now though.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Probably be the end of the GT500, but I fully expect to see a GT350 within the next 2 yrs.

USV8PWR

Established Member
It's the end of supercharged big displacement V8's for sure. No way these engines will continue with the CAFE standards continually rising to an ultimate goal of 55 MPG average by 2025.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Good. Hopefully they'll just be called Cobras again. The Shelby era brought nothing but higher msrp and ADM.

Here we go again.....Go ahead and dream of it being cheaper without Shelby name attached. Your savings, if there are any at all, will be negligible at best! Ford is in it to make money, why would they lower the price simply because they took the Shelby name away? They know their deman and customers...and they will continue to pay! ADMs....now that may change but the price hasn't changed, just how hard you have to work at buying one at the price you want!

BlownAway03

Established Member
Here we go again.....Go ahead and dream of it being cheaper without Shelby name attached. Your savings, if there are any at all, will be negligible at best! Ford is in it to make money, why would they lower the price simply because they took the Shelby name away? They know their deman and customers...and they will continue to pay! ADMs....now that may change but the price hasn't changed, just how hard you have to work at buying one at the price you want!

Where in my post did i say prices would go down if the Shelby name was removed? Mustangs should never have cost $70k but hey thats just my opinion. People paid the premiums and liked it. It was a clever marketing strategy but I feel after 8 model years it has ran it's course. The kool aid has been flowing since 2006. I'd just like to see what's next. And hopefully they drop the Shelby badges.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Yeah because it's almost like the cobras didn't have 15k ADMs in 2003....

exactly....

I hear the gt350 will be back with a 5.0 ecoboost. Our 5.8s will be the last big boy engines

actually the GT350 is rumored to be a 5.4 NA with a flat crank at almost 600hp.....rumor though

The GT500 will be gone though, so I am glad I have one. Maybe I will add that GT350 to the stable some day :rockon:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Remember when they said that back in '07.... and '08..... and.... lol...

Uh, Ford said when the '07 came out that they had an agreement with Shelby for at least three years. Some slimy salesmen were lying to people saying '07 was the only or last year, but anyone practicing "buyer beware" could easily uncover the truth. You just have to be careful which "They" you listen to.

Hourigan218

Established Member
Hello all
If the GT500 does stop production and yes the salesmen(dealerships) had said the 07 would be the only year for the shelby GT500, then so be it and enjoy the cars we have. As for ADM's, we are always gonna see them. They came about with the 03/04 cobras as well as Saleens and Roush models so we should not blame SHELBY ( the man or the name) for mark ups, hell I even saw mark ups on on the Bullit and Mach1's so let's just agree we will always see ADM's at some dealerships. And we should give credit to Mr. Shelby for having the muscle mustangs. if the was no GT350 we would all be driving secretary cars if they would still be around at all. Now as far as HP numbers I think we have seen the pinnacle with the 13/14's on factory produces cars. There will always be tuner cars and aftermarket. Due to CARB and or CAFE I think HP numbers will slowly start to fall. Kinda like the late 60's heading into the early 70,s ( amazing how history repeats). Now with the GT350 coming about with whichever engine ford may choose and id there is or is not another COBRA maybe the GT500 will be available as a post title thru SA. Ford will hopefully always have a HI HP flagship model. Also by the end of 2015 or early 16 the camaro and the challenger will be coming down in HP numbers. Regardless of the names in the cars we should just enjoy them as we are living the second golden age of muscle. I know some of you will dog me for what I have written but oh well, I can handle it.

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Hello all
If the GT500 does stop production and yes the salesmen(dealerships) had said the 07 would be the only year for the shelby GT500, then so be it and enjoy the cars we have. As for ADM's, we are always gonna see them. They came about with the 03/04 cobras as well as Saleens and Roush models so we should not blame SHELBY ( the man or the name) for mark ups, hell I even saw mark ups on on the Bullit and Mach1's so let's just agree we will always see ADM's at some dealerships. And we should give credit to Mr. Shelby for having the muscle mustangs. if the was no GT350 we would all be driving secretary cars if they would still be around at all. Now as far as HP numbers I think we have seen the pinnacle with the 13/14's on factory produces cars. There will always be tuner cars and aftermarket. Due to CARB and or CAFE I think HP numbers will slowly start to fall. Kinda like the late 60's heading into the early 70,s ( amazing how history repeats). Now with the GT350 coming about with whichever engine ford may choose and id there is or is not another COBRA maybe the GT500 will be available as a post title thru SA. Ford will hopefully always have a HI HP flagship model. Also by the end of 2015 or early 16 the camaro and the challenger will be coming down in HP numbers. Regardless of the names in the cars we should just enjoy them as we are living the second golden age of muscle. I know some of you will dog me for what I have written but oh well, I can handle it.

Either way it will be exciting to see what direction Ford officially goes with their regular line and flagship muscle car. Does anyone know when the official release date of the actual car they will build will be? If I Remember correctly it was Nov 2011 when they released what the confirmed 13/14 GT500 would be, SVT car aside of course but the new actual body will be interesting to see.

raustin0017

Established Member
Funny how things change. In 1986 I picked up a little 3.8L Turbo Buick that had a whopping 245 HP and was the fastest production car in America for two years. Now...662HP is in the garage and who really knows what will happen in the next few years? Will it go up or down? My guess it will go down...but we won't know for sure for a while yet.

Users who are viewing this thread